IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris info
2/28/15, 1:56 AM   #1
Perris info
RichH

This midwest snowbird is really looking forward to my first visit to Perris Speedway next weekend. Any tips on where to sit, park ,eat etc. appreciated. Thanks.

2/28/15, 12:16 PM   #2
Re: Perris info
Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
This midwest snowbird is really looking forward to my first visit to Perris Speedway next weekend. Any tips on where to sit, park ,eat etc. appreciated. Thanks.
Parking is almost all right in front of the main grandstand. Not sure where you are staying but leave early as traffic can be bad. I always liked to sit high up towards the first turn, but there are lots of great seats around the track, and usually not overly crowded with the exception of special races. Lots of good food on site, and all in all it is a great facility. Enjoy yourself.

2/28/15, 12:41 PM   #3
RichH

Thanks.
surprised to hear of Sat nite traffic. thats socal for you, I suppose.
do they sell beer?

2/28/15, 2:19 PM   #4
JstAbvVMC

I usually stay in Moreno Valley at the Holiday Inn Express on Sunnymead Blvd. near Perris Blvd. There is a Best Western and a few others in that same area also. Plenty of places to eat all around that area and along the way to the track. From the hotel you just have to go south on Perris Blvd about eight miles to the track. Best part is you avoid the freeways and all the traffic by taking the surface streets. You can Mapquest or Google Earth the area to check it out, but I have been staying in that area for several years now.

2/28/15, 3:04 PM   #5
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichH View Post
Thanks.
surprised to hear of Sat nite traffic. thats socal for you, I suppose.
do they sell beer?
Yes they sell beer. Also on opening night they are celebrating their 20th year of racing and are having a promotional deal from 5 to 6 o'clock buy anything from the concession stand at regular price and get a second one for just 20 cents and that includes beer. There is traffic here 7 days a week at all hours anymore. Have a good time.

3/1/15, 12:34 AM   #6
turn4rob

come on up to the turn4 hood
ROB

1 member likes this post: rachasin
3/1/15, 12:43 AM   #7
RichH

thanks all.cant wait.

3/1/15, 3:09 PM   #8
Kansasdirtfan

I've heard that parking is $8. Can any of you regulars confirm that?

3/1/15, 4:10 PM   #9
chrismattlin

Yes, there is a charge to park; a little surprising for Midwesterners. However, I was told that the track itself isn't collecting the money- it's the fairgrounds who's taking that profit. One other thing that I wasn't prepared for was their pitpass policy. You can NOT upgrade your GA ticket to a pitpass for the extra $5 or $10. Not sure why (they couldn't or wouldn't explain), but I was told I had to pay the full amount and was turned away.

One other thing. The first time I traveled out to Perris, I stayed in Moreno Valley. Not bad (slightly rough), but after venturing around the area, we liked Riverside way better. Been staying there near UC-Riverside ever since. A few more miles, but worth it IMO.

Finally, yes, there are traffic jams on the interstates 24/7. Have fun with that!

(Here's the link to my go-to hotel which is independent and will save you a few bucks. http://www.dynastysuiteshotel.com/)
Last edited by chrismattlin; 3/1/15 at 4:17 PM.

3/1/15, 8:47 PM   #10
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansasdirtfan View Post
I've heard that parking is $8. Can any of you regulars confirm that?
Yep that's what they charge.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris info