IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser last wingless win!
1/10/14, 10:49 PM   #11
Re: Steve Kinser last wingless win!
mlamb

Yes the brownstown track for the CRA race was horrible, huggie pole one groove. Frankie Kerr in Stan Shoffs 23s car I think ran second to Joe, if I remember right? Great field of cars, pathetic track that night!

1 member likes this post: rdzsprint
1/10/14, 10:59 PM   #12
bigq11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy View Post
Terry Baltes on the mic.Not many announcers had Terry's flair.He's a full time racer,He rides em high cause he ain't afraid to die were a few of Terry's sayings.One of the best of all time in my opinion.
Terry always liked to get the crowd into it. Remember him saying pre race he had talked to Karl and Karl had told him he remembered how to set the car up, but he didn't know if Steve remembered how to drive it.
Last edited by bigq11; 1/10/14 at 11:00 PM.

1/11/14, 3:27 AM   #13
treecitytornado

Terry was one of the best ever, no doubt! How about the Good Lookin One! King Doug the II Wolfgang!

1/12/14, 11:28 PM   #14
Rex W.

Joe won that race at Brownstown back in 1992. I was hanging around Joes and going to some races with him back then. He did finally get paid but it took a long time. Randy was paid before Joe . It had something to do with that Lloyd's of London insurance company and Brownstown not releasing the sign in sheets if I remember right. Terry James Jr. probably doesn't remember it but Kevin Eckert brought him and his dad over to Joe's after that Brownstown race.

1 member likes this post: welder
1/13/14, 7:23 PM   #15
WhiteCarRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yeah but a couple didn't get the bonus money they were promissed. Don't know if they ever got it.

I can't remember how many years straight they did it. I know they ran the Burg once and Griffin in the 50 was there. I also know they ran Union County once and Frankie Kerr won. But I don't think the bonus was available anymore.

Loved that tour. Wish USAC could run a World Series or something that alternated west coast and midwest but counted toward both series points.
Just to set things straight, it was not because I didn't join CRA that I did not get my bonus. The problem was between CRA, Frank Lewis, and Brownstown Speedway. Lloyd's of London needed the sign in sheets from the track & the track would not release because of a disagreement with Frank Lewis & the track. After 10 months of trying all means available & a letter by the atty. general of Indiana to the atty. gen of Calif. Lloyds' finally paid off. Frankie Kerr won Eldora & got his bonus, Randy Kinser won Lawrenceburg & got his bonus & 10 months later I finally got my bonus. I started on the pole because that is where I qualified. I finished first, Frankie Kerr 2nd in the 23 car, and Kevin Thomas was 3rd in the 57 car, Gary Fisher was 4th in the 79 car. Not sure how far back the first CRA car finished. We all had to race on the same track, same conditions.

Thanks, Joe Roush

6 members like this post: bigq11, Charles Nungester, DaveP63, EBookerFan, Russ, welder
1/13/14, 10:06 PM   #16
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex W. View Post
Joe won that race at Brownstown back in 1992. I was hanging around Joes and going to some races with him back then. He did finally get paid but it took a long time. Randy was paid before Joe . It had something to do with that Lloyd's of London insurance company and Brownstown not releasing the sign in sheets if I remember right. Terry James Jr. probably doesn't remember it but Kevin Eckert brought him and his dad over to Joe's after that Brownstown race.
Rex,
You're right I didn't remember,but now that you refreshed my memory I do remember Kevin bringing me and dad over to Joe's afterwords and all of us b.s.ing for a while.But I have to admit that if I ran into you or Joe today I wouldn't recognize either one of you,as that was many moons ago.Maybe one day we'll meet again.

1/13/14, 10:20 PM   #17
CRA91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCarRacing View Post
Just to set things straight, it was not because I didn't join CRA that I did not get my bonus. The problem was between CRA, Frank Lewis, and Brownstown Speedway. Lloyd's of London needed the sign in sheets from the track & the track would not release because of a disagreement with Frank Lewis & the track. After 10 months of trying all means available & a letter by the atty. general of Indiana to the atty. gen of Calif. Lloyds' finally paid off. Frankie Kerr won Eldora & got his bonus, Randy Kinser won Lawrenceburg & got his bonus & 10 months later I finally got my bonus. I started on the pole because that is where I qualified. I finished first, Frankie Kerr 2nd in the 23 car, and Kevin Thomas was 3rd in the 57 car, Gary Fisher was 4th in the 79 car. Not sure how far back the first CRA car finished. We all had to race on the same track, same conditions.

Thanks, Joe Roush
Joe,
I'm glad that you came on here and set the record straight and it was my bad for posting something incorrectAfter reading your post it all came back to me what the real situation was and I'm glad that you finally got the money that was rightfully yours. Ya know they say as you get older the mind is the first to go and obviously mine is getting fuzzy.
Have a good one!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve Kinser last wingless win!