IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up
9/22/09, 8:54 AM   #1
VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up
STP

Race Count Last Year: 1

The Vincennes University Midwest TQ Racing League will finish its inaugural season with a flourish of races and appearances. Saturday, September 26th, the VUMTQRL Show Truck and several race cars will participate in the Rushville Chamber of Commerce Parade. The parade will step off at 11 AM from the fairgrounds and head south on Main St. That night the Midwest TQs will race at the Decatur County Fairgrounds in Greensburg as Tree Country 1330 WTRE presents the TQ Challenge. On Friday, October 2nd, the VUMTQRL will compete on the dirt high banks at Lawrenceburg.

Following the season finale, the top three drivers will be featured on the Don Kay internet radio show on Tuesday, October 13. Listen to the 7 PM program at www.autosportradio.com.

The top 15 drivers and car owners will be honored on Saturday, October 24 with a Championship Banquet at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Banquet guests will include Vincennes University President, Dr. Richard Helton and Dean Art Haase, Dean of the Technology Division, Vincennes University. Midwest TQ Racing League President, Mark Frechette, promises a banquet with many firsts for TQ racing and numerous surprises. The banquet weekend will conclude on Sunday morning with a photo shoot featuring the championship car, driver and owner on the famous Plaza with the Pagoda as a backdrop. Photos will be taken by Ron McQueeny, Director of Photography, Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

The banquet will be open to registered drivers, owners and invited guests.

1 member likes this post: Uncle_Charlie
9/22/09, 9:12 AM   #2
Re: VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up
Shawn

Wow, you continue to impress me with the effort that you're giving to make this league something special. I can't wait to see the continued growth of this series!

If there's anything that I can do to help, just let me know. I would like to continue to be a part of it.

9/22/09, 4:06 PM   #3
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
Wow, you continue to impress me with the effort that you're giving to make this league something special. I can't wait to see the continued growth of this series!

If there's anything that I can do to help, just let me know. I would like to continue to be a part of it.
Shawn, I can say this, I do agree with you, this has been one, FUN season, and I can't think of any "hiccups" that have occured, everything has been done, to improve the owners and drivers positions, as far as holding down costs, and leveling the playing field, we have, I feel, improved our position in the "pecking order" of racing that fans,as well as owner/drivers can say, they have enjoyed the much improved fan base, the interest of more people wanting to get involved, it was a total new experience for those that created this league, but they have made adjustments that seemed to be agreeable to all involved. We look forward to the upcoming banquet, and to next season as well. Thanks from all of us at McClure/Lux racing. Bob

9/22/09, 8:47 PM   #4
nowings4me

I can only say that I am in awe of what has taken place this season. And we aren't even finished yet. What lots of people considered to be a "one and done" venture has been anything but that. I have seen great racing, racers and owners having FUN, and witnessed and met people I would never have dreamed I would get a chance to see. Jen, Mark, Gary, the sponsers, and countless others have certainly put out a product that few could forsee a year ago. I know I don't get around to see all the drivers and owners as much as I would like, but I truly appreciate the time, effort, and willpower of each and every one of you to help put on a great show week after week. I am very honored to be a part of this league, and I thank everyone that has been involved in making this a season that I will never forget. All the officials that I have had a pleasure of working with........thanks for making this a great year. Yes, even Charlie.

2 members like this post: STP, Uncle_Charlie
9/23/09, 11:42 AM   #5
TQ29m

Oh, oh, looks like Mother Nature may be getting ready to possibly win one again, she has won quiet a few already, may have to ck her out, may be running funny fuel! Hope not, just 2 more chances to test the tracks, for this season. Who all is planning on Greensburg? Bob

9/23/09, 4:22 PM   #6
stebru2

Next Race:
Sat Sept 26 – Decatur County Fairgrounds, Greensburg, IN

Times:
Pit Gates: 3:00pm
Grandstands: 4:30pm
Hot Laps: 5:00pm
Qualifying: 6:00pm
Racing: 7:00pm

Cost:
Pit Passes: $20
Grandstands: $8 (12 and older) $5 (Under 12)

Pitch in after the race please call Lora Widener @ 317-442-1373

1 member likes this post: STP
9/24/09, 9:51 AM   #7
TQ29m

OK, lets see a show of hands, who's planning on being at Greensburg Sat nite? We all know there is a good chance that Mother Nature will be, but we take that chance every week, so who else is hungry, to race, and enjoy some good food after? Bob

9/24/09, 10:21 AM   #8
Shawn

Hey, Bob. You might check the weather again. I am thinking that Mother Nature might be a night early. So, if she's not packing too much of a punch, all should be fine!

9/24/09, 10:42 AM   #9
Cincy Dirt Bowl

The #45 will be there! I have some unfinished business at Greensburg, last time I got to mud pack and the drive line went south. I am ready to rip this weekend!

9/24/09, 11:57 AM   #10
speidel21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy Dirt Bowl View Post
The #45 will be there! I have some unfinished business at Greensburg, last time I got to mud pack and the drive line went south. I am ready to rip this weekend!
ah, unfinished business at Greensburg, I like the sound of that

hope your luck is better this time around.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > VUMTQRL Greensburg & Season Round Up