IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #1 8/25/10 8:46 AM
Formor driver tommy dickson larry's brother need your prayers! He is in bad shape with cancer in ohio!
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #2 8/25/10 11:02 AM
Word from Tommy's son Chris is Tommy is now unresponsive. It's just a matter of time now. He has been fighting this thing now for a few years. My thoughts and prayers to the Dickson family.
Gregg (Offline)
  #3 8/25/10 11:44 AM
Very sorry to hear that. I was going to say I talked to Tommy a little while ago but I guess it must have been sometime in the 1990s a year after Larry sat on pole in one of the Silver Crown races in Tommy's car. Time flies. Larry stepped out of the car shortly after that thinking at this point it wasn't going to get better than that. Larry was signing autgraphs at Winchester and I couldn't figure why Tommy didn't do the same. He was a pretty good driver as well.

I hope he can battle back but most of all I don't want him to be in any pain. Our prayers go out to Tommys family and friends.

Mary and Gregg Sauer
Seadog (Offline)
  #4 8/25/10 12:01 PM
Prayers and best wishes to Tommy and his family.

Do I remember that Tommy lost an eye at Eldora years ago? Or do I have him confused with another driver?
IndyBound (Offline)
  #5 8/25/10 12:23 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Tommy and his family, know first hand the pain and strain this dread diease can cause a family. Wish the Dickson family and friends all the best during this difficult time.

Patti
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #6 8/25/10 12:29 PM
Thoughts and prayers with the entire Dickson family at this time. I have said it so often, this dreaded disease touches everyone either through family or friends. Many gains have been made through research and treatment but still a ways to go to find a cure.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
ChaplainJackie (Offline)
  #7 8/25/10 10:06 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Tommy. I will keep him and his family in my prayers also.
There is a blessing found in the book of Numbers 6:24 & 25 that I like to speak over
my drivers at Lawrenceburg Speedway and I would like to share it with you and
your family.

The LORD bless you and keep you
May the LORD smile on you
And be gracious to you
May the LORD show you His favor
And give you peace

I pray this for your family that you accept His peace
Accept His favor and realize that He can bless your
family, as you do for your family, God will do for His.
Please call if you need to talk, pray or maybe go
over some scriptures together.
my # is 513-673-3368
Jesus says in Luke 11:9
So I say to you, ask and it will be given to you
Seek and you shall find
Knock and the door will be opened for you.
nonwing (Offline)
  #8 8/26/10 9:49 PM
I got my chemo treatment on Tuesday of this week and I was feeling sorry for myself, so I went to see an afternoon movie called the "Expendables" with Sylvester Stallone. It had some other tough guys where they save a country. Anyway, I settle in and look up to see a Public Service Announcment on Cancer. The key message was "Men - 1 out of 2 will get cancer, Women - 1 out of 3 will get cancer." It is clearly obvious... The odds are not good for any of us. The only way to avoid gettting cancer is to get checked and checked often.

If your family has a history of cancer, follow that kind of cancer and get checked. Nearly all cancers can be cured if caught early. Cancer is evil without a doubt, but you can beat it, if you use your head. Please don't do what I did... couldn't believe that I could get it at 40 years old. I had some signs when I was 38, but didn't follow up on it and contributed it to hemmorroids. You wouldn't want to go through what I have endured the last 8 years. It's been brutal and awful, and I would never want any of you to have to go through what I have. I heard the other day that a 15 year old has just been diagnosed with colon cancer. This use to be a 50 years of age and older crowd, not anymore.

George Wilkins