IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville May 15 $2000 to win Sprint Cars...
5/12/10, 8:48 PM   #11
Re: Putnamville May 15 $2000 to win Sprint Cars...
31bro

What about increasing payout in all classes? $100 for 5th in the modifieds is embarrassing.

1 member likes this post: 48modracer
5/12/10, 9:04 PM   #12
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

I say whoever has most cars in their class should get the bonus..its 80 for 5th in the bomber
Posted via Mobile Device

5/12/10, 11:00 PM   #13
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsareforcheaters View Post
this is a dumb saturday to pay extra. A lot of cars will be at terre haute for the mscs show. They should have had the higher money on indy pole day, may 22 when there is only a usac midget show in iowa to conflict.
maybe they will do it two weeks in a row or from now on.
Support the idea.you never know.

5/12/10, 11:05 PM   #14
SPD 37

Why pay $2,000 to win on the same day against a MSCS show at Terre Haute? THAT only races four times all year, so it appears there is plenty of time to schedule a $2,000 to win race so it doesn't conflict with another higher paying race. LPS will lose fans and cars that they would have had if they didn't have a conflict...why do this? Track owners/Promoters should work together!

3 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, wingsareforcheaters
5/13/10, 12:13 AM   #15
wolfracer69

will drivers that don't think they will make the show at terrahaute go to put and try to win big?

5/13/10, 12:32 AM   #16
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
My personal favorite is a mix between USAC style qualifying and group qualifying....
Group qualify against guys who will be in your heat...
Line-up heats straight up by qualifying time.... No invert.
B main lines up by qualifying time.
And the feature lines up heat finishers then B main transfers.
All drivers transferring from heat race in position 1... line-up by time...
All drivers transferring from heat race in position 2... line-up by time...and so on.
That's as good of a system as you're going to get. Drivers get rewarded for qualifying good, but get a chance to make up for it, if they can beat the faster qualifiers in their heat. Plus, a system like that sets them apart from the other racing programs out there. The closest thing to it would be Kokomo.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/13/10 at 12:33 AM.

5/13/10, 11:29 AM   #17
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Well it look as though the weather is going to be nice. the pay will should attract the guys who dont have the motor for THAT. I think both places will have decent car counts. I know I am planning on taking the wife and my little boy to LPS on saturday unless something changes between now and then. Also I would love to see a track go to the method that Bill posted for a weekly show. I think that is the fairest of ways to do thing.

5/13/10, 11:57 AM   #18
kasey2020

I do like that format. No matter what format is used, I think they should put the B Main transfers behind all of the heat transfers. Reward the drivers who raced in throgh the heats. If you win the B, you should not start on the front row. Now, if you win a heat, that's a different story.

5/13/10, 1:01 PM   #19
wingsareforcheaters

Don't get me wrong. I am for paying drivers more across the board. I really like that Lawrenceburg puts their money where their mouth is and has increased their weekly payouts, but there is still room to improve EVERYWHERE! I just wish promotors would do a little better job working together. This would have been a good weekend for sprints possilbly be off at Putnamville and spread a little extra money around the other classes, then come back next week with $2,000 to win sprint show and get over 40 sprints to show up, and a lot of fans possibly between pole day and bump day.

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
5/13/10, 1:45 PM   #20
Sandy Lowe

I understand that people would rather see a $2,000 to win show at LPS on a night other than the $3,000 MSCS show at THAT but...

If they push the race back a week to May 22nd then they compete with the $2,500 to win KISS show at Lawrenceburg. Another week later, the 29th, it is Memorial weekend and MSCS has a $2,000 to win show at Lawrenceburg (plus you have the Little 500 sprints at Anderson & Night Before the 500 midgets at ORP).

The next weekend, June 5th, is KISS/MSCS sprints at Haubstadt ($2,500 to win). June 12th Lawrenceburg has the Mel Johnson Classic with two features (the first paying $2,500 to win/$400 to start and the second $800 to win.$100 to start).

In this 5 week time frame Paragon also runs every Saturday with 2 races (June 5th & 12th) paying $1,000 to win. LPS & Lawrenceburg run sprints every Saturday, Waynesfield (OH) has sprints May 22nd & June 5th, the ASCT has races scheduled every weekend, Illinois Sprint Week is June 8-13, etc.

1 member likes this post: JordanBlanton
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Putnamville May 15 $2000 to win Sprint Cars...