IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske buys Saturn!
6/5/09, 8:19 PM   #11
Re: Penske buys Saturn!
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
Name me ONE thing the government has gotten involved in that is a success story? ANYTHING?
Well, since I'm on Medicare, I think they're doing a good job there. And WWII was handled quite well.

My partner refers to the two parties as "The Uniparty". They both get funded by the same groups.

But, this is a racing forum. There are lots of places to talk about these things.

Dick (a recovering republican).

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittDude View Post
Is china going to build our military hummers too?

I hope not!
Posted via Mobile Device
No, they are not. That's a separate deal.
http://www.freep.com/article/2009060...d+from+GM+sale

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
6/5/09, 9:49 PM   #12
Stagger

Agreed. This is not the place to enlighten people and see the world as a whole not just their backyard. But for the record? I do not live in 1759. It is 2009 things change. Oh and by the way Your buddy Ben also said "A light house has more purpose than a church" If you want to go Jefferson on me you can. I think he was so disgutred with what organized religion had become he wrote his own version. I personally do not care what cult one belongs to as long as it does not hurt anyone and you do not make world decisions based on it.. I am for a the smallest gov. possible. Unfortunately The Greed in the US has Big Business on their knees begging for cash. I just find it funny all of the GOP supporters are so Bitter. I used to be one for years till they lost focus. Hard to vote for a guy who is a great man but so out of touch and Bible Spice. I expect all the god fearing folk to get in an up roar. I respect that. So if you feel so strong in your convictions you would not mind throwing a bit more money in the pot to cover the Churches property tax like any other business. Does it make sense for a group that does not pay taxes have a voice on how the country is run? Think of the MONEY!!!!! Pot legalized? This Country could not handle that but at least decriminalize it for god's sake. Good parents and hard workers paying taxes spend more time in Jail than somebody who shot someone? Please If folks want to live in the 1700' knock yourself out. They did not have sprint cars back then. I have seen some amazing things over the past 43 years and am looking forward to seeing more. Others can see the same things if they took there blinders off and opened their minds. Cool LETS GO RAC'N

6/5/09, 11:16 PM   #13
e.g.

WOW....
I am depressed.

Eric

6/6/09, 12:09 AM   #14
randyrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotojeff View Post
New IRL engines coming soon???
my first thought exactly. I read somewhere they want the turbo sound back & were considering I-4's.

here ya' go --> http://www.saturnfans.com/Cars/Power...cditurbo.shtml

can't get any more PC than that. TARP series sponsorship ?

one of several intriguing racing possibilities this brings with it.

6/6/09, 1:11 AM   #15
Larryoracing

Well, I have only one thing to say. Looks like you guys get mad enough that I would carry a gun into battle
next to you/side by side and not be scared you guys would run off chicken or be deserters. What I'm saying
is you guys would die for a good fight. Am I right?

So, in the coming future and years you guys, my fellow Americans will be forced to make decisions that may go
against the law or Statis Quo and even church. You will be forced to side with your parents or not, relatives or not
and even fellow workers and Americans or not, even to the point that death may become imminent and a reality
so close to home and heart and soul.

For it will be these fights, as those in the past, WWII, etc and even the Civil War in America that we will stand tall
and fight for those liberties that are right and justified. Through these truths, new one will be born and lived out.
So help me God.

Larry Otani and God Bless. He died on the cross for your sins. Now what will you die for?

6/6/09, 7:27 AM   #16
OU812

Quote:
From the NY Times:

General Motors has agreed to sell its Saturn brand to Roger Penske, a major auto dealer, Mr. Penske and G.M. announced Friday.
Man did this thread go from informational, to the deep dark abyss or what?

6/6/09, 7:28 AM   #17
Tripcrwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larryoracing View Post
Well, I have only one thing to say. Looks like you guys get mad enough that I would carry a gun into battle
next to you/side by side and not be scared you guys would run off chicken or be deserters. What I'm saying
is you guys would die for a good fight. Am I right?

So, in the coming future and years you guys, my fellow Americans will be forced to make decisions that may go
against the law or Statis Quo and even church. You will be forced to side with your parents or not, relatives or not
and even fellow workers and Americans or not, even to the point that death may become imminent and a reality
so close to home and heart and soul.

For it will be these fights, as those in the past, WWII, etc and even the Civil War in America that we will stand tall
and fight for those liberties that are right and justified. Through these truths, new one will be born and lived out.
So help me God.

Larry Otani and God Bless. He died on the cross for your sins. Now what will you die for?
Say what????

6/6/09, 9:00 AM   #18
mtcray

I'm just glad to see it was an "AMERICAN" that bought Saturn! It is a shmae that all these car company's are being bought out by other country's. Good Luck Penske!

6/6/09, 9:39 AM   #19
michiganmadman

I will agree that Penske buying Saturn is a good thing. The not so good part is that he will be IMPORTING the new Saturns which will be built globally.While many Americans will keep a job in sales, the production of these cars will once again be shipped overseas.

6/6/09, 11:55 AM   #20
OU812

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmadman View Post
I will agree that Penske buying Saturn is a good thing. The not so good part is that he will be IMPORTING the new Saturns which will be built globally.While many Americans will keep a job in sales, the production of these cars will once again be shipped overseas.
Can't say how accurate this AP story is, but the way "I" read it, the jobs are staying here in the states?

(AP) Finally a little bit of good news for the American auto industry. General Motors has found a buyer for one of its big brands. Racing legend and auto dealer magnate Roger Penske is set to buy GM's Saturn brand, and that leaves local dealers breathing a huge sigh of relief.

Jackie Dunne with Saturn of West County says, "We are overjoyed. This is really good news for our two stores. It's good news for all the Saturn dealers across the country."

Locally, it means about three hundred jobs being saved and about thirteen thousand jobs nationwide. Penske won't actually make the cars. GM will still do that under a contract with Penske. Penske expects to keep all the dealerships in tact and will keep open the existing manufacturing facilities, and also could eventually add cars from other manufacturers.

In town, Saturn dealers say they could actually end up adding employees thanks to the move. The whole thing is a definite relief for both dealers and customers.

"This is good news for us number one because there's been so much bad news, especially this week with General Motors going bankrupt and all the announcements about all the dealerships going out of business."

Car buyer, Steven Miller, says, "Oh absolutely more comfortable. If we were on the fence this would certainly take us off the fence. We probably were gonna buy but I would say perspective buyers who didn't know what they were gonna do would certainly feel more comfortable now knowing it's gonna be around.

In the short term, the deal calls for Saturn to continue domestically producing three makes, the Aura, the Vue, and the Outlook.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske buys Saturn!