IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske buys Saturn!
6/5/09, 1:29 PM   #1
Penske buys Saturn!
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

From the NY Times:

General Motors has agreed to sell its Saturn brand to Roger Penske, a major auto dealer, Mr. Penske and G.M. announced Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/bu...n.html?_r=1&hp

6/5/09, 4:14 PM   #2
Re: Penske buys Saturn!
OU812

I can't say I am a HUGE Penske fan, however, I am glad he did buy Saturn!
I only wish he had bought Hummer too!
I still can not believe we are going to let the Chi-Comm's buy Hummer.
This country is going to HELL, and it's going fast!

I seriously wonder how long before this administration comes after racing, in some way or another?

6/5/09, 4:27 PM   #3
fotojeff

New IRL engines coming soon???

6/5/09, 5:22 PM   #4
Stagger

Who came to Who begging for money? So tell me again how the government screwed up the Auto Biz? I believe they have been trying to save the mismanaged, lazy, to cheap to retool US auto Industry? No wonder the Japs kick their ass in making better cars. They have for years.

If we keep up our selfish,greedy,abusive,Holier than thou hipacritical ways.....You are right, we will get what we deserve. The Government really is not in the banking or car industry. It is not their gig. Due to all the above is why we are in this mess. I was told along time ago "and I still believe it" If you do things the same way all the time you are going to get the same results. Well ,I for one have not been real thrilled with the results of the past 20 or so years. Are all of the ideas in the MASTER PLAN going to work? Probably not. At least we are trying something different. People ***** about China owning us. They may be right. If sh*t was not for sale they could not but it. We owe most of China's holdings in the US to greedy bastards who took the money and ran.. Probably with out paying taxes LOL. People need to wake up. It is a global economy and everyone works with everyone else. Our WE ARE THE USA and think we rule the world is over. Time to play nicely with everyone else. Hey at least this president does not believe in the religious fairytale that has screwed crap up all over the world for hundreds of years. Time to live in reality. Listen to the song "Imagine" some time...Makes to much sense for most to understand. Good luck on hat'n the rest of the world.

1 member likes this post: dirtnonwingfan
6/5/09, 5:46 PM   #5
PittDude

Is china going to build our military hummers too?

I hope not!
Posted via Mobile Device

6/5/09, 6:01 PM   #6
Stagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittDude View Post
Is china going to build our military hummers too?

I hope not!
Posted via Mobile Device

Considering they and other countries make electrical components that run our defense system I think they can build a car.. I know it sounds like I am a US hater... not the case. Just turning on the lamp for some that have not seen the light.

6/5/09, 6:02 PM   #7
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

6/5/09, 6:05 PM   #8
MacTexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post
Who came to Who begging for money? So tell me again how the government screwed up the Auto Biz? I believe they have been trying to save the mismanaged, lazy, to cheap to retool US auto Industry? No wonder the Japs kick their ass in making better cars. They have for years.

If we keep up our selfish,greedy,abusive,Holier than thou hipacritical ways.....You are right, we will get what we deserve. The Government really is not in the banking or car industry. It is not their gig. Due to all the above is why we are in this mess. I was told along time ago "and I still believe it" If you do things the same way all the time you are going to get the same results. Well ,I for one have not been real thrilled with the results of the past 20 or so years. Are all of the ideas in the MASTER PLAN going to work? Probably not. At least we are trying something different. People ***** about China owning us. They may be right. If sh*t was not for sale they could not but it. We owe most of China's holdings in the US to greedy bastards who took the money and ran.. Probably with out paying taxes LOL. People need to wake up. It is a global economy and everyone works with everyone else. Our WE ARE THE USA and think we rule the world is over. Time to play nicely with everyone else. Hey at least this president does not believe in the religious fairytale that has screwed crap up all over the world for hundreds of years. Time to live in reality. Listen to the song "Imagine" some time...Makes to much sense for most to understand. Good luck on hat'n the rest of the world.
Let me guess---You vote straight ticket Democrat?

6/5/09, 6:27 PM   #9
OU812

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stagger View Post

So tell me again how the government screwed up the Auto Biz?

1970 Polution control devices on ALL cars, the end of the true muscle car!
1975 CAFE standards, resulting in lighter cheaper plastic crap cars, are you old enough to remember the Vega & Pinto
Backing the UAW at every turn resulting higher car costs from wages and benefits
December 2007, the United States enacted the EISA, a new energy bill that will require significant increases in CAFE requirements applicable to cars and light trucks beginning in the 2011 model year in order to increase the combined U.S. fleet average for cars and light trucks to 35 mpg by 2020, a 40% increase. The estimated cost to the automotive industry of complying with this new standard will likely exceed $100 billion, and our compliance cost could require us to alter our capital spending and research and development plans, curtail sales of our higher margin vehicles, cease production of certain models or even exit certain segments of the vehicle market.

Name me ONE thing the government has gotten involved in that is a success story? ANYTHING?

Listen to the song "Imagine" some time...Makes to much sense for most to understand. Good luck on hat'n the rest of the world.

I do not hate the rest of the world, where did that come from?
But here's a song for ya, Kumbaya, sing it for your banker or the IRS agent when they come calling, once the bills come due for some of the stupid legislation and new taxes that we are all going to be paying for the rest of our lives.

The light came on for me BEFORE the ******** just didn't help much!
Maybe I should have registered through ACORN that way I could have voted repeatedly!
Last edited by OU812; 6/5/09 at 6:59 PM.

6/5/09, 8:12 PM   #10
kinser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacTexas View Post
Let me guess---You vote straight ticket Democrat?
Probably votes straight Democrat and is for legalizing marijuana !
Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Penske buys Saturn!