IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Series disbands
10/21/23, 1:10 PM   #11
Therealether

81 million people evidently voted for the economy we have now. Guess they weren't race fans

10/21/23, 3:26 PM   #12
Re: MSCS Series disbands
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Hey, Everything's peachy!.

10/21/23, 5:41 PM   #13
DJlives

Bill Marvel, Dick Jordan and Judy Ford also there.but Kent Evans hot the ball rolling. He called the meeting

10/21/23, 8:41 PM   #14
captrat

I thought ******** were a no-no on this site.

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, fish, Offroadrace_814
10/21/23, 10:37 PM   #15
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ97 View Post
Unfortunately that removes some big money paying races, that are likely to revert to weekly shows with most of the same cars showing up….
Other than one of the days of the Bill Gardner Sprintacular, I don't think that is necessarily true. With the Haubstadt races, being that for the last bunch of years, MSCS and the Helfrichs are one in the same and they have track personnel, officials, equipment and an established fan base at TSS, I don't see anything stopping them from still putting on events like the Hoosier Sprint Nationals, Memorial Day Weekend, Summer Shootout, Havest Cup, etc.

Most of the drivers that attended a lot of MSCS races are local budget teams and I would expect most of them will still show up for these events. And the bigger paying events will still draw a lot of the big cats, since they expect to go there and take home one of the bigger checks. And that's all dependent upon the fans still showing up. And they drew nice crowds this year, so that should be something they can count on in the near future, as they move away from the MSCS days. And, to be honest, for the last several years, there haven't been that many drivers who ran all the series races, anyway.

So, even though the MSCS being no more is a major news story in our racing scene, I just don't see the absence of it being a major hit on the racing at Tri-State Speedway. But that's entirely speculation on my part.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 10/21/23 at 10:55 PM.

10/22/23, 8:10 AM   #16
Charles Nungester

Im seeing a lot of local and budget racers race even less lately

I know there are some parts issues out there but also think most of it is COST.

4 members like this post: flagboy55, motorhead748, PIT CART, skids59
10/22/23, 1:06 PM   #17
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Other than one of the days of the Bill Gardner Sprintacular, I don't think that is necessarily true. With the Haubstadt races, being that for the last bunch of years, MSCS and the Helfrichs are one in the same and they have track personnel, officials, equipment and an established fan base at TSS, I don't see anything stopping them from still putting on events like the Hoosier Sprint Nationals, Memorial Day Weekend, Summer Shootout, Havest Cup, etc.

Most of the drivers that attended a lot of MSCS races are local budget teams and I would expect most of them will still show up for these events. And the bigger paying events will still draw a lot of the big cats, since they expect to go there and take home one of the bigger checks. And that's all dependent upon the fans still showing up. And they drew nice crowds this year, so that should be something they can count on in the near future, as they move away from the MSCS days. And, to be honest, for the last several years, there haven't been that many drivers who ran all the series races, anyway.

So, even though the MSCS being no more is a major news story in our racing scene, I just don't see the absence of it being a major hit on the racing at Tri-State Speedway. But that's entirely speculation on my part.

Jerry
drum roll for the 2024 schedule.........................

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Rpracing1
10/22/23, 4:33 PM   #18
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post

Jerry

To a degree, I agree, but I wonder if we will see a decrease in some of the purses offered at some of the races with the demise of the MSCS organization. ASSUMING that some of the USAC/MSCS co-sanctioned events shift to just a USAC sanction, will we see some of those $8,000 and up to win events drop to the USAC norm of $5,000 to win? I know…TBD, but I do think losing MSCS will leave a void for the sprint car racing community.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
10/22/23, 5:02 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
To a degree, I agree, but I wonder if we will see a decrease in some of the purses offered at some of the races with the demise of the MSCS organization. ASSUMING that some of the USAC/MSCS co-sanctioned events shift to just a USAC sanction, will we see some of those $8,000 and up to win events drop to the USAC norm of $5,000 to win? I know…TBD, but I do think losing MSCS will leave a void for the sprint car racing community.
Honestly what's needed is for the tracks to race half as much alternating and pay 3-4K every week

And USAC to go to a 8-10K normal show. And the rest of the positions to pay more as well.

The 800 for second place and it cost them a thousand in travel, fuel and tires is only keeping them home.

Don't know nothing, Just a keyboard jockey but it's a suggestion. not a order.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 10/22/23 at 5:44 PM.

3 members like this post: captrat, motorhead748, Therealether
10/22/23, 5:57 PM   #20
JMA1181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
The 800 for second place and it cost them a thousand in travel, fuel and tires is only keeping them home.
What are you referencing that pays $800 for second?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MSCS Series disbands