IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Silver Crown Series?
5/8/12, 12:41 PM   #1
New Silver Crown Series?
GeorgeDillingham32

Does anyone have any interest in starting a new Silver Crown series or would like to add silver crown to their sanctioning body? It looks as though the Hoosier Hundred may be the last Silver Crown race ever due to USAC switching to Ethanol. Bob Sargent has already said that if there isn't more than 25 cars at the Hoosier Hundred there will not be a race at Springfield, Duquoin, or Terre Haute. I personally do not want to see this series go to the wayside when there is easily 50-75 dirt champ cars in the United States that are capable of racing and numerous are just sitting due to USAC's choices within the last 10 years. There is a point where everyone has to come together and make a move, whether it be a petition to change the ruling back to alcohol and reform USAC from a dictatorship back to a democracy or go run our cars elsewhere. I'm not the only person tired of there games and neither are numerous people. Please help me make a stand against them and change what could become of a great American racing tradition! My email is GDillingham32@yahoo.com if you have any input or interest.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, SC90, speed bump
5/8/12, 2:56 PM   #2
Re: New Silver Crown Series?
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

This scares the hell outta me... It will truly be a sad day if this ends up being the case...

3 members like this post: duel, nathans1012, wvwildthg
5/8/12, 4:17 PM   #3
treecitytornado

PRA was ran by someone that works for USAC now I believe. This was the alternative on pavement for the Champ Cars when USAC decided to run Super Speedways. There needs to be someone step up and keep the series alive!

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: grinch, IndyBound, nathans1012, wvwildthg
5/8/12, 8:50 PM   #4
racephoto1

Jason McCord and Jason Smith ran the PRA, and in the end it pulle USAC's butt out of the fire, and got those 2 employed. The thing is, if USAC would've gave the teams a years notice, things would be a lot different.

Also they should've talked to Bob Sargeant also. He doesn't have a ball, but he has almost all the ball fields. Of anyone who has done the most to keep this series alive, he's the one. I just wish someone in USAC felt the same way. They haven't really shown that in a while.

5/8/12, 9:15 PM   #5
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

Who makes most of the decisions for this "club"?

Posted via Mobile Device

5/8/12, 9:30 PM   #6
racephoto1

I'd say a blind squirrel.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/8/12, 10:36 PM   #7
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Now I don't have a dog in the fight but as a fan to show the idiots at USAC how serious & mad the owners / drivers are. The owners / drivers should band to gather and try to create their own series and stick it to them.

5/8/12, 11:20 PM   #8
racephoto1

They did that once before, it was the PRA. In essence it did stick it to USAC, because they could never draw any of those ugly to put on a decent race. The PRA always had better car counts, and in the end USAC had to ask Champ dirt cars back.

5/8/12, 11:37 PM   #9
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
Now I don't have a dog in the fight but as a fan to show the idiots at USAC how serious & mad the owners / drivers are. The owners / drivers should band to gather and try to create their own series and stick it to them.
Do you even go to USAC races or any sprint car or midget races?

2 members like this post: racefan20, speed bump
5/9/12, 12:03 AM   #10
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

I do when I get the chance to. Their good shows but I absolutely love watching the Silver Crown cars at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. It would be a SAD day when U.S.A.C. lets them go to the side. Just seem like they didn't give teams enough of a notice to make changes like the one's they implemented this year and it's sound like it has cost the owners a lot to keep them going. I think the deal with the PRA was cool. I saw the show the PRA had at Illiana Motor Speedway a few years back for the "South Shore 125" and it was a darn good show. Just seems like U.S.A.C. could do a better job of helping the teams out and giving them more adequate time to implement changes or do like the original post said and maybe start a new series.

2 members like this post: racephoto1, SC90
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > New Silver Crown Series?