IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates
4/14/12, 7:02 AM   #21
Re: Bloomington Updates
Hurryinhoosier

Larson hands down had the fastest car in the pits. They pulled in and unloaded in time to fuel it for hot laps and never looked back. im not sure what the margin of victory was but it had to be close.

More stories for the night.... Bradley Sterrett lapped all but one car in the Modified heat race, redrew a 5 for the A and drove away with it. This all happening on the one year anniversary of his grand fathers passing. An emotional night for the young driver im sure.

Super Stock driver and chassis builder Brad Cummings wore the 51t of Gerald Todd who passed away in late March of this year and firmly planted it in Winners Circle. Brad then handed the trophy off to the family showing his respect to the man. Im sure Gerald and Smokes were smiling for those boys all night long.

Track was awesome....the new bleachers on both sides are an added plus the old girl needed.

5 members like this post: 38DD, ajb6, babcock14d, dusty tracks
4/14/12, 9:14 AM   #22
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurryinhoosier View Post
Larson hands down had the fastest car in the pits. They pulled in and unloaded in time to fuel it for hot laps and never looked back. im not sure what the margin of victory was but it had to be close.
I guess that means Shuman was the best driver if Larson had the fastest car, no matter how much the margin of victory was! So Congrats to Shuman on the great run!

Danny 24

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, mowerman, racephoto1, supdh56
4/14/12, 9:37 AM   #23
Eatin Dirt

Congrats out to Lil Shu, he did a great job of keeping Larson behind him. Larson made several moves but they all came up just a little short. Also a great run the last 5 laps by Briscoe getting up there and making it a 3 car race the last couple laps. At the finish all three were within 20 feet at the line. Great race and the track was very good, my worry of seeing a race around the bottom in the feature never developed as they were runnin top, bottom and everywhere in-between.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
4/14/12, 9:45 AM   #24
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannypollock24 View Post
I guess that means Shuman was the best driver if Larson had the fastest car, no matter how much the margin of victory was! So Congrats to Shuman on the great run!

Danny 24
Not taking anything away from Casey he did 1 hell of a job and I was happy to see him hold off Larson but lap traffic played a HUGE part in Kyle not getting around. I'm just glad the rain stayed away and I was able to see a race.

1 member likes this post: SteveD
4/14/12, 9:54 AM   #25
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE View Post
I know I saw the best race in Indiana tonight....haters gonna hate hahaha

Posted via Mobile Device
Really dude? You knew that without seeing both races. Sounds like you are the hater to me. Maybe you should wait until you sober up before posting.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4/14/12, 10:54 AM   #26
BrentTFunk

Just watched on Jackslash. That was a very good race. Love seeing races go green all the way. Track was sweet. Hope the new promoters had a good crowd to reward their efforts. On to the Burg.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, racefan20
4/14/12, 11:02 AM   #27
ByronMack

Great racing last night, in all classes. The sprint car race was exciting, but I think the highlight of the night was definitely Brad winning the SS feature with Gerald Todd's number. Definately brought a tear to my eyes, just won't be the same not seeing Gerald on the track in the 51T.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: 38DD
4/14/12, 11:15 AM   #28
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
Really dude? You knew that without seeing both races. Sounds like you are the hater to me. Maybe you should wait until you sober up before posting.
Really dude, He has a right to his view and he showed great enthusiasm to be there.

At least he was at a race, SHEESH!

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24
4/14/12, 12:11 PM   #29
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurryinhoosier View Post

More stories for the night.... Bradley Sterrett lapped all but one car in the Modified heat race, redrew a 5 for the A and drove away with it. This all happening on the one year anniversary of his grand fathers passing. An emotional night for the young driver im sure.

Super Stock driver and chassis builder Brad Cummings wore the 51t of Gerald Todd who passed away in late March of this year and firmly planted it in Winners Circle. Brad then handed the trophy off to the family showing his respect to the man. Im sure Gerald and Smokes were smiling for those boys all night long.

Track was awesome....the new bleachers on both sides are an added plus the old girl needed.
Sorry to hear that Mr. Todd passed away. I didn't really know him that well, but his family always was on the top row in the turn one area, and I had talked with them several times over the years. I did speak with him last year, and I could tell that he had some health issues. I was there when he won a feature race several years ago. I may not be correct on this, but I thought they said it was his first in twenty years of trying. He had such a smooth driving style.
RIP, Mr. Todd!

1 member likes this post: ByronMack
4/14/12, 12:39 PM   #30
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Really dude, He has a right to his view and he showed great enthusiasm to be there.

At least he was at a race, SHEESH!
I was at Gas City watching the Clausons get their HARF award Chuck. I just didnt understand how you could know that before you even had a chance to see the other race. Jackslash didnt have the video up until hours after the post. If he has a way to see both races at once he needs to sell it, there would be plenty of buyers around here.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 4/14/12 at 12:43 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Updates