IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great job Sammy Imel
10/8/07, 5:34 AM   #1
Great job Sammy Imel
tjtomthumb

I want to compliment Sammy Imel on doing a great job at Lawrenceburg Saturday night in the black #35. This young man is gonna be a good one. He started ninth and was challenging Swindell for 4th a few times in lapped traffic when the caution came out. On app. lap 30 he hooked a rut that dropped him back to eigth and then the next lap the pitman arm broke putting him out for the night. A pretty strong early run for a rookie in such a strong group of cars.

Car owners and sponsors, keep an eye on this young man. He's a very fine young gentleman and proved in the Kenyon cars he can get the job done. The way he has looked this past month in the sprinter he may just be about to get that first sprint car win. Good Luck Sammy. :thumb:

1 member likes this post: Poorboyjocko
10/8/07, 11:34 AM   #2
Re: Great job Sammy Imel
staggerman

I got to see Sammy in action last week for the first time at Gas City where he started last in his heat and charged up to 4th until they had a problem with the rear end ending their night. Having veteren crew chief Phil Poor wrenching on the 35 car I think has helped them develop even further over recent weeks. I agree he looks to be an up and coming gasser...

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great job Sammy Imel