IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLATIONS
9/2/14, 4:30 PM   #1
USAC: PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLATIONS
admin

9/2/14 4:07 PM PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLATIONS

http://usacracing.com/news/silver-cr...own-violations

PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLATIONS;

BYRNE MAKES DIRT DEBUT SUNDAY AT SPRINGFIELD

The United States Auto Club today announced penalties assessed to three Silver Crown teams for violations during Sunday’s “Ted Horn 100” at the DuQuoin (Ill.) State Fairgrounds.

The #66 Hardy Boys entry driven by race winner Shane Cockrum was fined $300 and nine car entrant points, while the #77 Chris Urish entry and the #98 Fred Gormly entry driven by Jerry Coons Jr. were each fined $100 and three car entrant points.

The penalties were levied as a result of violations of USAC red-flag competition procedures regarding pit personnel over the wall prior to the issuance of the starter’s white flag signifying an “open” pit.

In other series news, David Byrne, who became USAC’s 100th different Silver Crown race winner with his July 24 “J.D. Byrider 100” victory at Lucas Oil Raceway in Indianapolis, Ind., will make his series debut on dirt in this Sunday’s “Tony Bettenhausen 100” at the Illinois State Fairgrounds in Springfield.

Byrne, of Shullsburg, Wisc., will pilot the Truck Country/Bytec Beast/Toyota in the race which was rescheduled for this Sunday after having been rained out August 16.

Byrne’s three Silver Crown appearances this year have all produced “top-10” finishes. He was third at Indianapolis in May and 10th at Gateway Motorsports Park in Madison, Ill. in June.

Sunday’s Springfield timetable has registration starting at 7 am and practice at 10, followed by qualifying and the 100-lap race.

9/3/14, 8:13 AM   #2
Re: USAC: PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLAT
RacinFool

They (USAC) must have SELECTIVE vision????

1 member likes this post: bowbuild
9/3/14, 10:26 AM   #3
TQ29m

Sounds like a real good way to increase the car count, get picky! I know rules are rules, but don't ya think sometimes there are just TOO MANY! Bob

3 members like this post: bowbuild, DAD, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/3/14, 10:35 AM   #4
on_the_edge

Rules are rules and I'm sure that they were covered in the drivers meeting. Everyone wanted penalties for drivers exiting their cars under caution and this is the same deal, the track gets opened under a red after they feel it is safe to enter the raceway. The fines have been assessed and everyone will know better for the next race now.

9/3/14, 11:23 AM   #5
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Sounds like a real good way to increase the car count, get picky! I know rules are rules, but don't ya think sometimes there are just TOO MANY! Bob
Don't ya think they are there for a reason?

2 members like this post: interpreter66, Kellen Conover
9/3/14, 12:02 PM   #6
TQ29m

The way I read it, they were fined for too many people over the wall, under a RED flag, no cars were moving on the track, I'd like to hear from the people fined, as to their understanding of the penalties, and the conditions under which they were meted out, I understand the rule, just can't justify it under the conditions, and supposedly trying to revive a big mistake, by going to a super car, that no one liked to begin with, and leaving many teams with a car that was very unpopular, or 2, wouldn't, under the conditions, a warning have been sufficient? Just sayin! Bob

9/3/14, 12:12 PM   #7
sprint29

They were fined for working on their cars on a closed red. Can't do that.

9/3/14, 1:14 PM   #8
TQ29m

That makes more sense than the way Usac explained it, guess I'll have to refer to Kellen Conover for the details! Bob

9/3/14, 1:29 PM   #9
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I got a $50,000 penalty for marrying the wrong woman once! I think I got off pretty well !
Last edited by dirt in ur beer; 9/3/14 at 1:30 PM.

9/3/14, 1:29 PM   #10
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint29 View Post
They were fined for working on their cars on a closed red. Can't do that.
The article clearly states that they were fined for team personnel going over the wall before the official declared it an "open red". It says nothing about them being penalized for working on a car during a red nor does it say anything about to "too many" people going over the wall.

5 members like this post: luckybuc97, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan, RadRacer, TQ29m
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC: PENALTIES ASSESSED FOR DuQUOIN SILVER CROWN VIOLATIONS