IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Champ Cars at Indy!
5/9/14, 7:41 PM   #11
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruts n guts View Post
I think the Night Before the 500 is in real trouble. Just 3 or 4 years ago it was pulling 25-30 cars. Will they have 10 this year? It's sad because pavement midgets at IRP make a really good show.
I totally agree! USAC has killed that series too! Just like pavement sprint cars. It's like watching something you care about die.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
5/9/14, 7:56 PM   #12
Re: USAC Champ Cars at Indy!
Kansasdirtfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Wouldn't it be cool if USAC used their brains and had a midget race at the Speedrome on Thursday night, the Hoosier hundred on Friday night and then you have your choice to either go to IRP for the night before the 500 midget race or up to Anderson for the Little 500 on Saturday...and maybe, just maybe they could have had a USAC sprint race at Eldora on Sunday night after the Indy 500...or maybe Kokomo...

A few years ago, I went to 5 races in 4 days. It was AWESOME!

Too bad someone can't recognize what fans would like!

I LOVE the month of May. I look forward to it all year long. And unfortunately, it has nothing to do with the speedway anymore.....
You do have the option of the HPD Midgets at the Speedrome Friday night.

2 members like this post: ISF, Task Force
5/9/14, 8:44 PM   #13
Action Tracker

I'm not giving up on pavement racing quite yet. I remember several years in the early 80's when we had no pavement racing at all. All of a sudden in '86 or so we get Thursday Night Thunder and pavement is back strong. Time will tell; but when NASCAR is looking for young talent USAC pavement racing will return.

5/10/14, 7:31 AM   #14
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
If they can get to mid 20's for all the dirt miles this year, that would be a very solid improvement from last year
I remember they used to have 20 cars in the hulligan. The top ten made the feature.

5/10/14, 9:27 AM   #15
RacinFool

On Saturday the Lil 500 seems to be were a lot of the "talent" is flocking to more every year..............Maybe IRP needs to change their race date??

1 member likes this post: speed bump
5/10/14, 10:11 AM   #16
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
I remember they used to have 20 cars in the hulligan. The top ten made the feature.
I also remember when they only started 16 cars in the feature. My first Hoosier Hundred, I believe 1977 was the first time they ever ran a hooligan

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Champ Cars at Indy!