Onlydirt

Glad $$$$ didnt fix this one!

1 member likes this post: oppweld
8/25/13, 8:11 PM   #22
Re: Kokomo night 3
mech32fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
The word in the pits directly after the feature was the track was upset about KTs actions on the racetrack, and seemed all up in his business about it, which was why I was confused on how Stockton came out clean on this, he started the whole thing. It wasn't a slide job gone bad, it was a move to take the position, whether someone else is there or not. I understand afterwards more things were said on KT's end, but the sherriffs weren't up in Stocktons trailer like they were in KTs

Posted via Mobile Device
By the way It's STOCKON

8/25/13, 8:54 PM   #23
walkez

Can't believe they made such a big deal over this. #32 slid right into him so I get why he was upset but don't see where it was a big deal he spun him when nobody was around.

8/25/13, 8:58 PM   #24
Onlydirt

His actions off the track in the pits was worse than on the track.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/25/13, 9:41 PM   #25
c47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clydesdale View Post
The word in the pits directly after the feature was the track was upset about KTs actions on the racetrack, and seemed all up in his business about it, which was why I was confused on how Stockton came out clean on this, he started the whole thing. It wasn't a slide job gone bad, it was a move to take the position, whether someone else is there or not. I understand afterwards more things were said on KT's end, but the sherriffs weren't up in Stocktons trailer like they were in KTs

Posted via Mobile Device
i would imagine first the track got "up in his business" cause he retaliated on the track with his racecar (most tracks ban on the spot for that infraction) then he got hot headed and had the sherriff "up in his business" cause he got loud....go to his twitter page and read his posts...he seems like he thinks he is justified in running his mouth to the sherriff...as i see it, he is probably lucky he wasnt arrested on top of getting booted....and IMO, his owners and sponsors cant be real happy about any of this.
also....go back a year or two and think about people he hit, ran over, wrecked, ect while he was gaining experience. those who live in glass houses.....well, you know the rest....
behind the wheel, he has come a long way....maybe time to take some anger management classes.....
Last edited by c47; 8/25/13 at 10:03 PM.

8/25/13, 10:36 PM   #26
KTJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by c47 View Post
i would imagine first the track got "up in his business" cause he retaliated on the track with his racecar (most tracks ban on the spot for that infraction) then he got hot headed and had the sherriff "up in his business" cause he got loud....go to his twitter page and read his posts...he seems like he thinks he is justified in running his mouth to the sherriff...as i see it, he is probably lucky he wasnt arrested on top of getting booted....and IMO, his owners and sponsors cant be real happy about any of this.
also....go back a year or two and think about people he hit, ran over, wrecked, ect while he was gaining experience. those who live in glass houses.....well, you know the rest....
behind the wheel, he has come a long way....maybe time to take some anger management classes.....
"What you imagine" may be the extent of the only factual information that you possess. Kokomo Speedway and the O'Conors' have a first class facility that I love racing at. I was in the front of my own trailer when I was being frustrated with myself and the occurrences of the night. Never did I leave my trailer and say as much as one word to another competitor or crew member. Actually just the opposite. Chase and I sat down and had a civil man to man conversation about the night. I have the utmost respect for him as a driver and friend. We actually never had a cross word for each other. So now that you have some facts, please understand that just about every driver in that pit area at sometime or another has gone to the front of his or her trailer and let go of their frustration.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/26/13, 4:36 PM   #27
c47

although i appreciate the response, i have been involved in racing as a driver/owner/crew person for well over 40 years. i understand anger and frustration first hand and have been known to "lose it" many times for many reasons....never with good outcome.
i also know that no one gets "banned" from a track for no reason and based on your twitter posts, you were, in my opinion, justifying your anger and actions when you were approached in your trailer......and suggested that you would do the same thing under the same circumstances if they arose again.
you said nothing about the sherriff getting involved or the retaliation on the track.
its great that you and chase were able to discuss things and hopefully put them behind each of you. thats usually how it works out anyway, doesnt it? but that wasnt the basis for my post.....nor did you adress any of the issues in my post in your reply. it sounded more like pre scripted nascar damage control.

8/26/13, 5:05 PM   #28
KTJR

C47 I was not aware of my necessity to owe you a detailed explanation of anything concerning Friday night. I will not talk about a Sherriffs officer or anything else from that night. I will say that I respect the O'Connors, I understand the security officer has a job to do and I love that racetrack. We will be there for all USAC events next year and will enjoy every minute of the excitement that track breeds. As for how I handle things in the future, that's my call, not yours but thanks for the genuine concern. I always try to be conscious of the situation, but let me be the first to say that I'm not perfect. I love this sport and will always give it my all. C47 you have a blessed day and try as I am to go forward not backwards. I do learn from things and try to be better for it. Friday was no different, and this is not scripted but instead just straight talk.

Thanks
KT

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrandonT30, BrentTFunk, oppweld
8/26/13, 5:10 PM   #29
Onlydirt

Probably should reach out to some others in your "apology", that may help you in the short run on getting back in.

8/26/13, 7:50 PM   #30
sprinter629

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTJR View Post
C47 I was not aware of my necessity to owe you a detailed explanation of anything concerning Friday night. I will not talk about a Sherriffs officer or anything else from that night. I will say that I respect the O'Connors, I understand the security officer has a job to do and I love that racetrack. We will be there for all USAC events next year and will enjoy every minute of the excitement that track breeds. As for how I handle things in the future, that's my call, not yours but thanks for the genuine concern. I always try to be conscious of the situation, but let me be the first to say that I'm not perfect. I love this sport and will always give it my all. C47 you have a blessed day and try as I am to go forward not backwards. I do learn from things and try to be better for it. Friday was no different, and this is not scripted but instead just straight talk.

Thanks
KT

Posted via Mobile Device

Respect the O'Conner's? Interesting. How much "respect" did you show for them when you had your little melt down on the track? Would be interesting to hear what the O'Conner's insurance agent would have said if he/she would have been there to see you throw your little temper tantrum after the checkered flag.

How much respect was shown to the O'Conner's when you threw your little temper tantrum in the pits with the Sheriff's deputy, or track security as you call them (which the O'Conner's hire)? Just because you put on a driver's suit does not make you invincible. I bet you wouldn't act that way towards law enforcement if you were in street clothes and pulled over on the side of the road.

Kid, you're making great progress on the track from last year. You've got the talent and arguably the best wrench in the pits. Keep your head on straight and you've got a great career ahead of you.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo night 3