IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Insurance on trailer and contents?
10/30/16, 8:22 PM   #11
Leohr46

I have my insurance with State Farm. It covers the trailer, then a rider on trailer covers tools, generator and 4 wheeler.
All they asked for was a list of tools, and some pictures of the drawers in tool box with tools, ect.
As for the car, It's not covered.

10/30/16, 8:43 PM   #12
lucky 4

Check indiania sports ins in ft wayne ind
They offer off track ins for.race cars
They have a policy for drivers olso
All drivers.need.to carry this policy
It has a very reasonable rate for the coverage
This makes.a nice chrismas presant
For the racer on you list

10/31/16, 2:54 AM   #13
Re: Insurance on trailer and contents?
Blackduce

Found this. Not insurance. Not bad pricing. http://www.sleepercellalarm.com/

Lynn

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/31/16, 1:28 PM   #14
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Found this. Not insurance. Not bad pricing. http://www.sleepercellalarm.com/

Lynn
Mine cost about $200.00 each. I think they have 3 years air time then it is renewable yearly there after. If interested you can PM Me. We use them in recovery of BHPA autos. Repo is not like you see on TV,
Thank God.

10/31/16, 3:41 PM   #15
Daddyz

I've been looking into Spot Trace, they're on sale on occasion for about 90 bucks. Anyone have experience with one?

I'll be adding one to the trailer this winter, it'll be installed before I put another item in it. I've seen too many theft reports of race trailers lately.

10/31/16, 4:47 PM   #16
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddyz View Post
I've been looking into Spot Trace, they're on sale on occasion for about 90 bucks. Anyone have experience with one?

I'll be adding one to the trailer this winter, it'll be installed before I put another item in it. I've seen too many theft reports of race trailers lately.
Check for cost of air time>>ck for number of locates allowed
>>Make sure unit is new phone 3 or up technology the 2's are being shut down soon.

Might want to check cost of spot trace service plans>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Last edited by DAD; 10/31/16 at 4:55 PM.

10/31/16, 5:28 PM   #17
mmalie51

I am an insurance agent out here in California and not only insure my midget/trailer/tools/spares, but service a few other teams policies as well. Although I can only write coverage on the west coast, the companies I prefer are nation wide.

K&K Insurance out of Fort Wayne has a good program and specialize in racing as many of you know when signing into tracks. They do anything from track liability to individual teams (Liability and Property).

Another great program that just recently started is with Hagerty Insurance. Although they are known for classic vehicles, their program is very competitively priced, including coverage for your racecar, trailer, tools, and spares.

These two companies package these into one policy to save you from the headache of an auto policy for the trailer, homeowners or business property policy for the tools and equipment, and the hard to find coverage for a racecar and spares. A general rule of thumb, anything related to an auto would not be covered by a homeowners policy (racecar, spare parts/wheels) unless you have a specific policy or endorsement.

I recently saw a great article in Circle Track Magazine about this exact topic.

Mark.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Insurance on trailer and contents?