IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #11 2/13/15 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by Midget 89:
Not sure where you're getting that 73 degrees. Weather.com calls for a high of 54 today, 61 on Saturday and 55 on Sunday. It's unseasonably cold this year in Florida.
So you was at the track yesterday? Come over and see us....what it is calling for and what it was is 2 different things..just like when its calling for rain...it might rain across the road but not where YOU are!!!

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #12 2/13/15 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by Crankin:
Same place he's getting 50 cars. Sorry, i know you worked hard on this thing, but fact is, over-selling does nobody any good. I've been told that some of those people on your list of entries, have never even spoken to you? Same person also told me that he did speak with you, but never comitted to anything, yet you still put his name on the list?

There was a reason you did not update anything after the entry deadline of January 28th????
Again, it's obvious you put a ton of effort into this, but telling people just a couple weeks ago that you would have 50 cars, when your entry stack most likely didn't reach half that is just plain wrong.

I don't doubt 21 cars put on a great show, and hopefully this race can grow into something more. But misleading people doesn't help a thing now, or in the future.
Have YOU ever promoted a race before?

If not YOU have not idea the amount of time,money and effort that goes into doing this......EVERYONE on that list including 5 local racers was going to TRY and make it.....12 of those racers called me and said they were not gonna make it....

I am 1 person without any help and try the best I can along with 2 cars to rebuild in 8 weeks...but that is NO EXCUSE...and I will go no further than that cause I KNOW I did the best I could do....

Dont know ya crank but would love to have YOU promote a race....thanks for the encouragement

Jacksonville, Florida

Midget 89 (Offline)
  #13 2/13/15 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
So you was at the track yesterday? Come over and see us....what it is calling for and what it was is 2 different things..
And so is calling for 50 cars and getting 20.
DAD (Offline)
  #14 2/13/15 1:03 PM
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis:
Have YOU ever promoted a race before?

If not YOU have not idea the amount of time,money and effort that goes into doing this......EVERYONE on that list including 5 local racers was going to TRY and make it.....12 of those racers called me and said they were not gonna make it....

I am 1 person without any help and try the best I can along with 2 cars to rebuild in 8 weeks...but that is NO EXCUSE...and I will go no further than that cause I KNOW I did the best could do....

Dont know ya crank but would love to have YOU promote a race....thanks for the encouragement
Wayne

Those running on half empty make it harder for the rest of the people.

I probably shouldn't be the one saying this BUT!!
Money and Hard Work>>Talks>> Bull Sh1t just walks.

or

"I'll drink to the one's that will and I'll drink to the one's that won't but I'll be darned if I drink to the ones that say they will and later say they won't!"

Honest Dad himself
xoxide (Offline)
  #15 2/13/15 1:04 PM
I appreciate all your efforts Wayne. 20 cars or 50 cars the people that are here are loving it and it's been some good racing thus far. don't let anyone bring you down as you've done a damn good job promoting this race and put on a great show last night.
3 Likes: DAD, i love dirt track racing, Wayne Davis
Crankin (Offline)
  #16 2/13/15 1:11 PM
Spin it how you wish, it doesn't change the facts that you oversold it. What ive done, or can/cannot do, is irrelevant.
If i loaded up the camper to leave a week early before the usac show, just to go see a really big 50 car midget show, i would be pretty pissed off!
Never questioned your effort, never questioned your intent, never questioned your promoting skills. Didn't want to get in a pissing match either.
All that aside, when you have a paid pre-entry, WITH a deadline, you already have a general idea what the car count is going to be. Yet, according to you, you went off a bunch of verbals?? For someone who claims to be at this his whole life, you advertise verbal commitments as entered?
Maybe i should have waited until after saturday to bring this up? But it was obvious what was going to happen.
I have wished you sucess from the begining, and wish the best for this event in the future.
Just please be more straight up about things, and you'll be the hero you want to be!
DAD (Offline)
  #17 2/13/15 1:17 PM
And how many other promoters or tracks have published a list of cars and drivers they were expecting for their Florida race? >>>>>>>>Car and driver counts and weather conditions are kind of a no-no in the promoter's hand book.

Only count on the ones you are paying to show up and you had better be paying them awfully good>

Honest Dad himself
zeromotorsports (Offline)
  #18 2/13/15 1:41 PM
You guys need to ease up on ol Wayne. There were several cars that backed out that said they were going. We originally were taking 4 cars, but sold 1 and the other needed a motor
Shane Morgan was going to bring 2 cars
Matt Schuck had to cancel
Several cars from KC backed out last min.
I think the show was sold just right.
Craig you of all people know the struggles.
4 Likes: DAD, jjones752, PatrickMead#13, xoxide
Crankin (Offline)
  #19 2/13/15 2:17 PM
I know. I know. Don't speak your mind. Don't cause a scene. Don't stir the pot. Never call a spade a spade. Remain PC.
I dont know how many different ways i gotta say it: I AM SUPPORTIVE OF WHAT WAYNE HAS DONE! Is that clear enough?

I am not supportive of disapointing fans (current ones or new ones), with something that was obvious for a while now, but still sold as such.

Midget racing as a whole does not need anyone disapointed. As mentioned, i have no problem with 21 cars, but some guy who spent $ to come down there early for this first of its kind event with 50 cars. Well, that guy might have a problem with the advertising.
Or the guy who was thrilled about the live Online PPV announcement, before it was even checked if a broadcast was feasible from that location?
You can go on and on about who called in sick, as even those #'s dont even reach 40. An entry is not an entry until the $ is in hand, and there is nothing uncommon about that!

All im asking is that next year, get a few more P's and Q's in order.
Midget racing needs this, and we should all do things as right as possible to help it grow.
3 Likes: addictedtodirt, DAD, jjones752
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #20 2/13/15 3:10 PM
Xsan said after Sundays race on Monday Feb. 9 and with East Bay rained out with the conecction issues that they might not make tonight and them not having enough people for 3 tracks BRP-EBRP-NFS....Xsan was going to broadcast 13-14 Fri. Sat shows only....out of my control....sames as the 15 racers that text me about not making it this weekend

Jacksonville, Florida