Rob isn't leaving.

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier
9/20/20, 11:00 PM   #12
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJlives View Post
Rob isn't leaving.
Good, he was missed the years he was away from the Midwest bullrings, there should always be a place for him

9/21/20, 3:54 AM   #13
Stephen Cording

Variety is the spice of life.
Drake done a top job, I look forward to hearing more from this young talent.
Watered and fed Gardens grow.

3 members like this post: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing
9/21/20, 8:12 AM   #14
flagboy55

It’s funny, now that I watch a ton of racing on streams I can actually hear the announcers versus being at the track where perhaps a weak PA system and race noise drowns them out. My Dad and I often critique the announcers. I’m not going to mention any names other than the ones already brought up on here. IMO Rob Klepper is among the best in the business and we agree that when he’s not there he’s missed. One thing I’ve grown weary of is being yelled at by the guys in the booth. I know they’re trying to fire people up and convey excitement but it gets old. Rob does a great job of expressing the excitement without yelling. Some of the best in the business could be even better if they toned it down a notch or two. As far as the young ones in USAC and even someone mentioned Chatty Mattie, well we all got to start somewhere. I think they’re all doing alright for this early part of their careers. I’ll give em a little more time to learn the trade. Another practice that I find a bit annoying is even by veteran mic men is taking a pole as to who you like to win as they’re rolling on pace laps before the taking the green. The practice to me just seems tired. I’m not knocking any of them. It’s not easy I’m sure and it would take a fair amount of courage to do it in the first place. I w wish I would’ve done it just to add another thing on my list of jobs I’ve done at the track

9/21/20, 9:30 AM   #15
Re: FloRacing Announcer
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Im not the best, but im available.
This High School kid Drake does a fine job for his age and experience level.

9/21/20, 10:02 AM   #16
DJlives

The PA function is a different role than a livestream function just as radio and television are different. The PA has to respond to the whims and expectations of the each track. Decoupling the roles was a wise move and allowed the livestream to be produced and create a better overall product

2 members like this post: fish, Will Shunk
9/21/20, 10:39 AM   #17
The Old Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
It’s funny, now that I watch a ton of racing on streams I can actually hear the announcers versus being at the track where perhaps a weak PA system and race noise drowns them out. My Dad and I often critique the announcers. I’m not going to mention any names other than the ones already brought up on here. IMO Rob Klepper is among the best in the business and we agree that when he’s not there he’s missed. One thing I’ve grown weary of is being yelled at by the guys in the booth. I know they’re trying to fire people up and convey excitement but it gets old. Rob does a great job of expressing the excitement without yelling. Some of the best in the business could be even better if they toned it down a notch or two. As far as the young ones in USAC and even someone mentioned Chatty Mattie, well we all got to start somewhere. I think they’re all doing alright for this early part of their careers. I’ll give em a little more time to learn the trade. Another practice that I find a bit annoying is even by veteran mic men is taking a pole as to who you like to win as they’re rolling on pace laps before the taking the green. The practice to me just seems tired. I’m not knocking any of them. It’s not easy I’m sure and it would take a fair amount of courage to do it in the first place. I w wish I would’ve done it just to add another thing on my list of jobs I’ve done at the track
For my money the best PA system is at Perris. That system and the announcer, I believe Scott Delasio who is very good, you can clearly hear during the entire race. Also, when they play Thunder Struck by AC/DC when the feature is rolling out is really cool.

9/21/20, 11:23 AM   #18
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
This High School kid Drake does a fine job for his age and experience level.
Absolutely he does. I was just saying I was available if ever needed lol

2 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, oppweld
9/21/20, 3:49 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Drake did fine.

Count me in the describe the show enhance the show but don't be the show as a announcer catagory. Used to Swafford/Carnagie style. Car and drivers, lineups. laps left etc.

I actually mute All Star races, That yelling is BS.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/21/20 at 3:52 PM.

2 members like this post: captrat, Hustlin-Hoosier
9/6/21, 2:39 PM   #20
azsprintfan1

I know this is an old thread but what does everybody think of the new announcer Tony? I didn't really like him at first and I would like him a little more if he would stop yelling like every lap is the last lap of the Indy 500. Geez.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FloRacing Announcer