IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RACEceivers at Lincoln Park Speedway
5/10/12, 7:12 AM   #1
RACEceivers at Lincoln Park Speedway
LPS Insider

All racers will be required to have a working RACEceiver in their car by our June 2nd event. We will have a coupon code good for a $20.00 discount when you buy yours at the RACEceiver website.

Details will be available at the track Saturday night and on our website.:
Last edited by LPS Insider; 5/10/12 at 9:45 AM.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
5/10/12, 12:04 PM   #2
Motormasher

How much does a new raceceiver cost?

Posted via Mobile Device

5/10/12, 12:25 PM   #3
Re: RACEceivers at Lincoln Park Speedway
treecitytornado

With the discount, they should be around $75 or $80.

5/10/12, 2:14 PM   #4
TQ29m

Or, you can buy a new or used, 25ch Bearcat scanner, for 20-30 bucks on Ebay, and use it, I like mine better than a Raceceiver anyway, it's a bit more bulky, but at least it's serviceable. Bob!

1 member likes this post: Motormasher
5/10/12, 2:30 PM   #5
Avon Open Wheel fan

This is good news for the fans but I can understand how its another added one time cost to the drivers.

The good thing is that this should help speed up the shows , plus its much safer to just tell the drivers their starting positions on the radio than to have someone standing out on the track with a chalk board. I can remember going to the action track back in the early 70s and waiting for what seemed like hours as a kid watching them get all of the cars lined back up after a yellow flag.

The worst part is that this might give some people one less thing to complain about if the shows move along too fast.

5/10/12, 10:25 PM   #6
SteveB31

We started using them all year, last race season. Best $94 you can ever spend. Saves wrecks after someone spins, saves time lining up when some bozo thinks he is ahead of someone he is not ahead of during a caution, and makes racing better, as long as the track officials only use it when they should. I was against them , until I used them.

1 member likes this post: Sandy Lowe
5/11/12, 2:07 AM   #7
Joe Whisler

I believe RACEceiver has a promo going on their website.

If anybody needs one, I have about 15 in stock at Hinchman on Gasoline Alley.

Seems like Bernie may have some at Indy Race Parts, and I know Spanky had some for sale opening night at LPS.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/11/12, 8:05 AM   #8
LPS Insider

RACEceiver is going to give us a Promo Code that you can use to buy a RACEceiver from their website. I will have it today, and I will know what kind of discount you will get. As soon as I get that number I will post it and have details available at the track Saturday.

5/13/12, 8:53 PM   #9
MCCLARA45M

Ya might want to clear up this date as to when the raceiver has to be worn because last night at the drivers meeting Bob Franklin was telling all of us at the drivers meeting that they were mandated next week...Just givin ya a heads up to some forseen confusion...Thanks

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RACEceivers at Lincoln Park Speedway