IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: $20,000 on the line for usac sprints at corn belt clas
7/8/21, 4:21 PM   #11
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
No sympathy here,Make the drive you know it's worth it! You want the big money races you got to support em!
Our racing family will be in the house for the amati 68 tomorrow night. 8 hour one way trip for us to Iowa. LOL. But we will be in the house at Eldora next weekend for the kings royal last year payout and this year payout. $300,000 could be a interesting events if Larson shows up. LOL. Have fun and enjoy all the great things that we all love. God bless America. Thanks.
Last edited by i love dirt track racing; 7/8/21 at 4:23 PM.

7/8/21, 6:07 PM   #12
Re: Usac: $20,000 on the line for usac sprints at corn belt
racenut69

The Nascar Trucks have a TV deal,so USAC Sprints are 2nd fiddle....A damn shame!
Quote:
Originally Posted by axman897 View Post
With a tough to gauge forecast, do we think Knoxville will pull the plug on the show and run the trucks Saturday if the Friday night show gets rained out? I sure hope not.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/8/21, 9:26 PM   #13
spot1

Race Count This Year: 45

One thing about the nascar trucks is they cannot have a tacky dirt track to run on. They can't do it. Bristol showed that. They ran one lap and no one could see out the windshield. Red flag. Wait for later. The trucks still have their glass or whatever windshields in so a dirt track basically has to be like asphalt for them. If knoxville has a lot of rain and still can run the sprints, I think they will, if nothing else, as a way to dry out the track.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/9/21, 8:31 AM   #14
Jonr

As others have said, Trucks have a national TV contract. They will take precedent. If anyone watched the SRX show from Knoxville, the script for this weekend has already been set. The track will prep the track as the series wants. The trucks need a locked down hard packed race to run on. This is the type of track that the SRX asked for, and this is the type of track that they received. The same type of track we saw the trucks run on at Eldora and the cup cars at when dirt was on Bristol.

When the SRX race was over, the track took an hour to re-prep the track for a normal 410 show. What a sprint car fan would consider a good track is not what the Truck series wants.

3 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, racenut69, tirespinner
7/9/21, 9:52 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
As others have said, Trucks have a national TV contract. They will take precedent. If anyone watched the SRX show from Knoxville, the script for this weekend has already been set. The track will prep the track as the series wants. The trucks need a locked down hard packed race to run on. This is the type of track that the SRX asked for, and this is the type of track that they received. The same type of track we saw the trucks run on at Eldora and the cup cars at when dirt was on Bristol.

When the SRX race was over, the track took an hour to re-prep the track for a normal 410 show. What a sprint car fan would consider a good track is not what the Truck series wants.

The racing at Eldora SRX was a ton better than Knoxvilles. I don't know what will happen with the trucks and non of it has anything to do with tomorrows Sprint Car race which Im sure Knoxville will be back to it's regular awesome track.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: $20,000 on the line for usac sprints at corn belt clas