IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups
7/2/09, 4:02 AM   #11
Re: World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups
SprintRacer4

My set ups vary quite a bit from Mark Sr, but just like in real life, everyone drives different & likes their car set up a little different. I have played that game for years now since it came out & have won everything on it & set every track record. Biggest thing is to be smooth & keep the car real straight. (About the only real similarity between the game & real racing) Then the more you play & more laps you make you'll start to figure out what you like & how to be fast. If I'm playing arcade mode I usually only run the 1/4 mile tracks & K'ville. They're the most fun....

7/2/09, 5:36 AM   #12
Mark Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
Mark..I have one a ton races and have made 1.3 million on the game.but...how in world do you get the car locked down at the Grove??? I fight that joint all the time...
Well I have won over 10 million, My thing is to win all the track's in one season. for a long time I hated the grove, never could get it there. but now I own it.. blow them away. you have to get the car to drive around the corner with out hardly touching the wheel. my set up's will get you close. but like sprint racer said you have to be very smooth.. roll out of the gas early and let the car roll in the corner. then hit the gas. the car should come around very nice. terre haute is the same way. my time at Silver Dollar is a 10.27. and Bloomington is 10.30. I blow my son's away for me that's the best part..

7/2/09, 8:15 AM   #13
NumberOneOutlaw

The best time I've had at Chico (Silver Dollar) is 10.22. How does that compare to everyone else.
Last edited by NumberOneOutlaw; 7/2/09 at 8:17 AM. Reason: add context

7/2/09, 9:36 AM   #14
john3g

Mark have you tried reverse split..I did last night but the jury is still out. I have got to get the grove figured out!! I was up to 2am try'n to get the place down!! I love the big "E" but who doesn't...I'll post some times so we can compare..This outta be fun...

7/2/09, 12:02 PM   #15
the1jet17

Race Count This Year: 5
Race Count Last Year: 21

I am the maximumdirt.com WoO 2002 game champion. I'll post my times but that bloomington time is unbelievable. Im way off of that.

Husets 11.09
Bloomington 11.82
Bristol 12.63
Eldora 12.58
I-55 9.78
Knixville 14.56
Las Begas 14.09
Lernerville 13.02
Lowes 13.61
Silver Dollar 9.97
Terre Haute 15.52
Williams Grove 14.67

Now with these times this is driving the car as strait as possible. And your best bet is learning to be able to drive the car turning left coming off the corner. If you're sideways coming off of the corner, you're just scrubbing speed.

7/2/09, 12:12 PM   #16
Shawn

I'll have to check out my times tonight, if possible. It's been awhile since I've played it, but I wouldn't mind turning some laps!

Williams Grove has become one of my favorite tracks, honestly. I usually slide around the fence in turn one, but bring it down towards the bottom coming off of two. Turns three and four, I usually diamond them off. It just depends where I can get some consistent laps in, really. I don't know a lot about a set-up, so it's pretty much the stock set-up.

What a great game, really!

7/2/09, 1:51 PM   #17
delaware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
I'll have to check out my times tonight, if possible. It's been awhile since I've played it, but I wouldn't mind turning some laps!

Williams Grove has become one of my favorite tracks, honestly. I usually slide around the fence in turn one, but bring it down towards the bottom coming off of two. Turns three and four, I usually diamond them off. It just depends where I can get some consistent laps in, really. I don't know a lot about a set-up, so it's pretty much the stock set-up.

What a great game, really!
i have seen this game on e-bay price higher now than when it was new !!! Randy Smith
Last edited by delaware; 7/2/09 at 1:52 PM.

7/2/09, 1:59 PM   #18
Mark Sr

Quote:
Originally Posted by the1jet17 View Post
I am the maximumdirt.com WoO 2002 game champion. I'll post my times but that bloomington time is unbelievable. Im way off of that.

Husets 11.09
Bloomington 11.82
Bristol 12.63
Eldora 12.58
I-55 9.78
Knixville 14.56
Las Begas 14.09
Lernerville 13.02
Lowes 13.61
Silver Dollar 9.97
Terre Haute 15.52
Williams Grove 14.67

Now with these times this is driving the car as strait as possible. And your best bet is learning to be able to drive the car turning left coming off the corner. If you're sideways coming off of the corner, you're just scrubbing speed.
Them are some fast time's. we are running about the same time's, only at bloomington and I-55 is faster. When I first got the game I run very fast time's at Bloomington and I-55, I didn't play it for a long time and when I started again I didn't remember how I had it set up. I like it ***, I know where you run, and on what track make's a big deal.. fast time's don't really mean that much to me, other them smoking my boy's and them getting mad.. I love that. I just love playing the game. when the PS3 game come's out I may have to get one just so I can play that game.. I heard nu-wing car's? I hope so..........

7/2/09, 3:02 PM   #19
wskyctybdby

will this game work for ps3?

7/2/09, 5:16 PM   #20
zeroracer

from what i found messing around on the internet a group of people have made a new non wing sprint version for rfactor called USSAC Sprints... looks pretty good, hopefully they fixed the physics from the sbs cars and made them drive right

Husets 11.11
Bloomington 12.01
Bristol 12.77
Eldora 12.52
I-55 9.70
Knoxville 14.67
Las Vegas 14.35
Lernerville 13.10
Lowes 13.55
Silver Dollar 9.99
Terre Haute 15.49
Williams Grove 14.77
Rattler Valley 40.97
Canyon Run 29.56
Icy Eldora 15.00
Last edited by zeroracer; 7/2/09 at 5:21 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > World of Outlaws PS2 game, anybody have any setups