IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/27/18, 8:51 AM   #81
captrat

Only because that money is processed through USAC, they did not directly generate any of it.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/27/18, 9:10 AM   #82
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinser View Post
USAC: another “non profit organization “ where the president makes almost half a million a year. But they just can’t pay more to the racers.
I beat this horse so long that I have made a 180...This guy pulls in $500,000 for himself, another $500,000 plus to share with a hand full of employees. The competitors keep coming back to buy a license and pay a entry fee and all is good. There is no question who the smartest guy is, he has all the money. NASCAR needs to be fixed and Kevin might be the guy, if he can get the kind of revenue flow that he currently is getting, and pay a minimum wage, imagine what he could make for the France family on that stage!
Last edited by ossuks; 9/27/18 at 9:14 AM.

4 members like this post: duel, jim goerge, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/27/18, 9:19 AM   #83
Drew Tarr

Maybe Nike will sign Robert?

3 members like this post: jim goerge, lukesmith, minispeed
9/27/18, 9:23 AM   #84
Adolph

Race Count This Year: 27
Race Count Last Year: 27,27,40,28,69

All I want to know, is Tony still going let Robert prep the track for next year’s 4-Crown?

9/27/18, 10:24 AM   #85
flyin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post
Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking this is a perfect example of the world we are living in today? This is a really good example of the culture of entitlement we see all the time. If you work for someone or you join a club/organization they will have rules to follow. When you clearly act like an ass or break those rules OVER and OVER there will be consequences. It's great he spoke his mind I guess but you have to know that it may end your association with that party. The crazy part (like this deal) is people are shocked at the repercussions and are trying to defend it. I can say with 100% certainty that Robert wasn't the only one who didn't like the track on Saturday (or the other umpteen times he complained) they just chose to handle it the smart and respectful way. I realize the people who are backing him tonight aren't going to understand what I'm saying. I guess that returns me to my original point. This is the world we live in.
Spot on!

4 members like this post: dirt330, fuzzyracing, Hustlin-Hoosier, nathans1012
9/27/18, 10:33 AM   #86
EZ04

Usac is s joke. There nipple hangers. What kind of bs is this I guarantee Hewitt was the same way they didn't bar him. Guess they didn't all want black eyes !!!!!!!

4 members like this post: 1modracer, Cage Faraday, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan
9/27/18, 10:42 AM   #87
openwheelfan1

I'll preface this by saying that I like watching Robert Ballou race. He is exciting to watch, and is what a good, successful sprint car driver should be, brave and a hard nosed competitor. But I cringe every time some one sticks a microphone in front of him.

For at least the last two years he has publicly complained about track prep, officiating, other drivers...pretty much everything but the man in the mirror. He has complained on Twitter, Facebook and in interviews at tracks at MSCS and USAC sanctioned races. We all make choices in life. Robert made a choice to be critical of the organizations that provide him a track to race on, the organization responsible for organizing the races and the other competitors (not Saturday night, but in previous posts and interviews). Robert made a CHOICE. He was betting there would be no consequences for his actions. He was wrong.

Now...personally, I would have preferred to see USAC levy a LARGE fine on him (my thoughts are take his average 2018 finish payout times the number of races remaining) put him on probation, freeze his points where they are for 2018, but still allow him to race. That way, if he does better than average, he makes some money. If not, well then maybe he needs to do makes changes to his program.

We have all made bad choices in life. We have all faced consequences for those choices. We (hopefully) have learned from those choices. Hopefully Robert Ballou will learn from his choices.

9/27/18, 11:04 AM   #88
Rhody

Race Count This Year: 9

No one here except Robert (if he is following) and USAC, knows how many "Come to Jesus" talks USAC have had with Robert. At some point you gotta fire the guy if he doesn't get the message. Eventually you re-hire the guy, but at that point he now realizes that one clown don't stop the circus.

7 members like this post: 2fast4u, Big Mike 7, btg1963, dirt330, Jonr, mike-chicago, tirespinner
9/27/18, 12:09 PM   #89
btg1963

I am still waiting to have my “Paul Harvey” moment.... still waiting to hear “the rest of the story”....

4 members like this post: EPSpeed, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, racenut69
9/27/18, 12:20 PM   #90
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I like Robert! Love watching him race! That said, if USAC had past discussions with him about track bashing and he continued to proceed he kind of back them into a corner. They had two choices let him continue or take actions.

The past two Easter Storm tours he went after the tracks. This past tour, Lincoln one of the tracks he was very critical of dropped off the Tour. I’m not saying he caused this, but it certainly didn’t help.

3 members like this post: duel, mike-chicago, Pat O'Connor Fan
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season