IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/26/18, 10:02 PM   #51
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post
Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking this is a perfect example of the world we are living in today? This is a really good example of the culture of entitlement we see all the time. If you work for someone or you join a club/organization they will have rules to follow. When you clearly act like an ass or break those rules OVER and OVER there will be consequences. It's great he spoke his mind I guess but you have to know that it may end your association with that party. The crazy part (like this deal) is people are shocked at the repercussions and are trying to defend it. I can say with 100% certainty that Robert wasn't the only one who didn't like the track on Saturday (or the other umpteen times he complained) they just chose to handle it the smart and respectful way. I realize the people who are backing him tonight aren't going to understand what I'm saying. I guess that returns me to my original point. This is the world we live in.
But it is also a very “Soft” world today. People/Organizations get butt hurt very easily nowadays. I have a word for them, but I would get suspended from this site if I posted it. Sigh......

9/26/18, 10:09 PM   #52
trannyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKRacing View Post
Why is everyone going after “steward” when this was a USAC decision?
Because his money and track leverage pushed the decision.Not that hard to figure out.

9/26/18, 10:13 PM   #53
lazyifoto

USAC you got this wrong in my opinion. You just did more damage the the sport of sprint car racing than Ballou's comments ever would have done.His loud mouthing off to Tony would have quit stinking like a bad f4rt in a couple days but you have stirred it up for more than it was worth..You have to remember this came a few days after sprint car racing lost a true ambassador to the sprint racing community in Greg Hodnett. So emotions are high and words do sting right now but let it go. Drop the suspension BS and lets move on .Let this serve as a warning to Ballou and the USAC racers for future reprimands. Maybe the drivers and car owners need to come up with a process to air their concerns with powerful track owners that in the future will serve as the GROUP voice and not single out one driver or individual as the trouble maker.
I will not be at the BURG this weekend as I figure if BALLOU is suspended then so am I because I am a Ballou fan.
FREE BALLOU.

9/26/18, 10:17 PM   #54
Rpracing1

I assume the USAC dictatorship does not include a due process procedure where as a participant can appeal a suspension. Oh how silly on my part!

9/26/18, 10:19 PM   #55
btg1963

Bash away, but just a thought...

What if this has NOTHING to do with Eldora or Lawrenceburg, but an incident from another track?

What if USACs vague response and statement is actually an effort to protect Ballou?

What if additional sanctioning bodies choose to suspend Ballou?

We should probably sleep on this tonight and see what tomorrow brings....

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mike-chicago, tmac39
9/26/18, 10:20 PM   #56
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
I assume the USAC dictatorship does not include a due process procedure where as a participant can appeal a suspension. Oh how silly on my part!
The infraction was listed in the suspension.

Here's the appeals process.
http://usacracing.com/assets/files/r..._9_Appeals.pdf

9/26/18, 10:22 PM   #57
racer5c

Quote:
Originally Posted by captrat View Post
USAC is not his employer, any more than the NFL is the employer of the players. This decision is another example of USAC shooting themselves in the foot. Whereas I do not agree with all his statements the idea that is prevented from pursuing their vocation based upon critical statements is fraught with potential legal pitfalls. Unlike other professional sports auto racing is generally at the mercy of independent contractors. I will await more info, but for now this seems extremely short sighted by USAC. I hope we are not going down PC road of NASCAR.
ummmmm the checks he cashes say United States Auto Club on them

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, tirespinner
9/26/18, 10:23 PM   #58
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 1
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSS View Post
Am I the only one who is sitting here thinking this is a perfect example of the world we are living in today? This is a really good example of the culture of entitlement we see all the time. If you work for someone or you join a club/organization they will have rules to follow. When you clearly act like an ass or break those rules OVER and OVER there will be consequences. It's great he spoke his mind I guess but you have to know that it may end your association with that party. The crazy part (like this deal) is people are shocked at the repercussions and are trying to defend it. I can say with 100% certainty that Robert wasn't the only one who didn't like the track on Saturday (or the other umpteen times he complained) they just chose to handle it the smart and respectful way. I realize the people who are backing him tonight aren't going to understand what I'm saying. I guess that returns me to my original point. This is the world we live in.
Apparently the “ Smart and Respectful “ way isn’t getting track owners attention. Ballou just had the balls to call them out. Like Rpracing1 said. There’s a name for them.
Last edited by Chief Wahoo; 9/26/18 at 10:25 PM.

9/26/18, 10:43 PM   #59
Spi-nex

I really think the smarter promoter would put Tony & Ballou 1 on 1 and race it out like racers, but who wants to put butt's in the seats these days? Let's just ban people (insert sarcasm), give people all around a reason to be negative, polarize them, but give them no reason to get to the track because all the chatter and publicity has no substance for the sport.

This whole situation is being handled wrong (IMO) .... It really wouldn't be hard to turn it into a spectacle that would pack the house. Team Smoke vs. Team Ballou... that's a freakin' ticket I would buy.

9/26/18, 10:59 PM   #60
Vookie

Any chance that Ballou races with the All Stars in 2019? 😉

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season