IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?
4/21/19, 1:10 AM   #41
Re: Double D"s ride in USAC?
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Something on this thread just startled me. If what Racefan20 posted is true, then we’re doomed. We need young people to have interest in this sport.
Exactly

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

4 members like this post: flagboy55, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
4/21/19, 2:41 AM   #42
jim goerge

Think this has been discussed several times on this site

2 members like this post: Big Game Hunter, tirespinner
4/21/19, 12:41 PM   #43
openwheelfan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
Something on this thread just startled me. If what Racefan20 posted is true, then we’re doomed. We need young people to have interest in this sport.
Unfortunately, many young people regard things mechanical as outdated and boring. Look at the number of young people that have chosen to use Uber or Lyft as opposed to getting their Driver's License. If it isn't electronic and technology driven, they don't want any part of it.

4/21/19, 12:48 PM   #44
PIT CART

I see a huge number of younger fans at the world 100. I personally don't know what non wing should focus on to bring in the next generation of fans.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
4/21/19, 1:56 PM   #45
hoosier race fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIT CART View Post
I see a huge number of younger fans at the world 100. I personally don't know what non wing should focus on to bring in the next generation of fans.
This certainly may not be the only factor, but I’ve noticed that younger fans tend to be plentiful at big events. Winged sprint cars and late models quite frankly do a better job of turning their races into big events than non-wing sprints. Something else I notice is that those two forms of dirt racing have the same “big names” year after year that help make those races seem like a big event. They don’t have many who pass through as a stepping stone to NASCAR or another form of racing, and that staying power helps them attract and keep young fans.

4/21/19, 2:08 PM   #46
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7horse View Post
Love all the old people on here that think they are cool cuz they know how to use a smartphone
I'm 68 & I think I'm cool cause I DON'T know how to use one....

4/21/19, 2:14 PM   #47
jim goerge

I have taken new fans to races before and while the cars were on the track they loved it but when track was pushing off next race newbies had their dam phones out I asked whats wrong and they said this is boring waiting for next race god wish I could have just left them there and walked away I explained about the cars needed to be push started but honestly I"m not sure they understood cuz of them being busy with their phones

4/21/19, 2:27 PM   #48
revjimk

I'm pretty much anti-Smartphone, but I'm really glad the guy sitting next to me at Chili Bowl had one. He kept me updated on pretty much everything, cause we couldn't see scoreboard from Turn 3 &4 stands... & he was older than me
No doubt they're very useful for some things, but what bugs me is the obsession, CONSTANTLY staring at them
Plus I'm a curmudgeon....

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
4/21/19, 4:27 PM   #49
Speedwrench

What really bothers me about smartphones is that more and more of the things we do in daily life are dependent on having one to the point they will soon become a necessity just to survive.

Before long every infant leaving the hospital after birth will come standard with a birth certificate, a social security number, and a smartphone.

4/21/19, 9:14 PM   #50
captrat

OMG, are you really this new to short track racing?

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Double D"s ride in USAC?