IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
9/26/18, 8:09 PM   #31
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
billw

wondering how much of the improved track conditions for the 4crown this year was because of ballous complaning last year. a lot of times ballou has a valid point other times like this years 4 crown he needs to understand thats as good as its gonna get.
Last edited by billw; 9/26/18 at 8:11 PM.

9/26/18, 8:19 PM   #32
sp6967

terre haute is going to be a lot less exciting next month.

9/26/18, 8:21 PM   #33
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by billw View Post
wondering how much of the improved track conditions for the 4crown this year was because of ballous complaning last year. a lot of times ballou has a valid point other times like this years 4 crown he needs to understand thats as good as its gonna get.
Well said, I agreed with his observation of last years conditions, Then came home this year to see the same thing only worse from him.

Also a thing called Chain of Command. USAC Comp director, Then tracks comp director, Then Smoke.
I got suspended twice in my career for not following it. Lead, Superviosor, Plant Manager, VP.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/26/18 at 8:22 PM.

9/26/18, 8:21 PM   #34
HDINDY

This just might make the local Indiana racing a little more interesting next year. He's alway's fast at the local bull rings.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
9/26/18, 8:30 PM   #35
Chase Hightower

I don’t like or agree with anything Ballou said. I criticized him for it, and won’t be a “fan” of him or his mouth. The “getting someone killed” comment is what made me so mad. But, I think it’s a pretty stiff penalty myself. That’s without knowing what all else was involved in USAC’s decision other than this incident. And I have DEFINITELY been critical of USAC. Pretty severe price I’d think?

9/26/18, 8:36 PM   #36
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I like Robert, but he was wrong with what he did, and it is not the first time. The things he said were harmful to the sport. I think his retraction was a step in the right direction, but if teams continually bash tracks then there will be no tracks for the series to race on. I feel bad for Robert and maybe he can appeal, but once the s**t is out of the horse, you can't put it back.
Maybe he's tried to talk to the track owners about conditions and safety? We don't know, so maybe by voicing his opinion during interviews, podcasts, or twitter is the only way to make us aware of the problems. Others are to chicken s**t to say anything. I hate to see USAC put a ball gag in the driver's, team owner's, crew chief ect.. mouth. I seriously doubt that what he has said will affect attendance at any one track or is detrimental to them. Gimmie a break, you really think people are going to stop going to Eldora because of what he said? If anything his appearance brings people to the track! I hope he shows up at TSS for the MSCS/WAR show and kicks ass. I'd hate to see him leave the midwest. He always puts on a hell of a show for the fans and is always fan friendly. Keep your elbows up Robert, you got the shaft.

9/26/18, 8:38 PM   #37
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Both nights on the USAC portion of Lets Race two and the three crown races. Ballou is a representative and competitor of the Sanction Running.

You don't think Smoke couldn't schedule a two night WoO and LM race in it's place and be every bit as successful if not more? I got no facts for nothing, But it does nothing to either KEEP or GROW the USAC brand by accusing a track of trying to kill someone when that track has made millions in improvements, Lighting, fencing safety crew, etc.
So he schedules something else. Who cares and move on. There are other tracks that could run USAC. If Tony wants to run Wings and LMs so be it.

Btw the millions in improvements are because he is covering his ass from lawsuits. Everyone sues a guy with money. I see no improvements in the racing. Btw isn’t the racing why we go?? Not the lights, fences, and crew. Time to move on from Eldora.

6 members like this post: Cage Faraday, captrat, duel, jim goerge, NMrace48, tmac39
9/26/18, 8:39 PM   #38
kinser

USAC: another “non profit organization “ where the president makes almost half a million a year. But they just can’t pay more to the racers.

9/26/18, 8:46 PM   #39
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
There were fines after last years Smackdown, in fact the highest I have ever heard of. When Stanbrough went after Levi at the Smackdown, I do not believe he was fined. Kind of shoots your theory down. I don't know who is on the competition committee, but pretty certain Tony Stewart is not.
Not really usuck modified there rulebook in 2017 for the penalties to it is there discretion on when and where penalties are applied which means depends on who it is for them and has for Jon and Levi deal that year Jon should have planted him on the frontstretch and has like the night before usuck surrounded levis trailer to protect him just like Lawrenceburg the night before when he ran over Roberts front end after a race which did not have a dam thing to do with him but like always usuck circled his trailer to protect and cover his ass. To answer your last deal Tony and rudisell was on the track committee they referred to in there statement posted here today imagine that. Everyone that has been in racing for a while knows that Eldora has been neutered and still has dusty as ever and Lawrenceburg is a ******** track, facilities are great they just bleeped up the most important thing.

3 members like this post: bjr1655, EPSpeed, jim goerge
9/26/18, 8:49 PM   #40
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
So he schedules something else. Who cares and move on. There are other tracks that could run USAC. If Tony wants to run Wings and LMs so be it.

Btw the millions in improvements are because he is covering his ass from lawsuits. Everyone sues a guy with money. I see no improvements in the racing. Btw isn’t the racing why we go?? Not the lights, fences, and crew. Time to move on from Eldora.
Best dang track and racing I've seen there in years. Yes, I also got the Dust out, Fog out, The 3am leave with one feature to go because of a overwater and last years dustbowl. Saturday Night was exactly what I went to see. Three wide champ cars for multi laps. Last to second in the sprints. Every heat won from the third row.

Sorry you missed it.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/26/18 at 8:52 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season