IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
1121 (Offline)
  #1 10/19/22 10:47 AM
Today is my Dad's 86th birthday, so I thought I would post this picture. This is the original yellow #11 that I took my color scheme from. This was taken in about 1965. The vehicle is the background on the left is a Hudson pick up. My Dad would trade that pick up for a Buick race motor complete with magneto and a six Stromberg manifold with carbs. The Buick would eventually get fuel injection and Dad would run that motor for almost 25 years.

Tom Paterson Dad Yellow 11.png
Attachments:
28 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Blackduce, BrentTFunk, C Jagger, chrismattlin, dirtbag, erich45, fish, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, Joe Schaub, Ken Bonnema, kendirt, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, PIT CART, progressive22, racefan20, racefanindy, racenut69, Rcar, rdzsprint, snowdrift, tirespinner, TNRustler, TQ29m, WinglessLovers
snowdrift (Offline)
  #2 10/19/22 1:08 PM
What tracks did he race at Tom
1121 (Offline)
  #3 10/19/22 1:52 PM
He ran mainly Warsaw (IN) and Kokomo. Later cars were white with either a number 88 or number 21. I adopted the yellow #11 because this was the first car I remember.

Tom
6 Likes: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner, WinglessLovers
Moreland76 (Offline)
  #4 10/19/22 2:33 PM
Tom , every time I go to Kokomo I make sure to check in with him. He alway set in the same area on the backstretch. I find it funny that most people around him have no clue there sitting beside one of those real deal racers of the past. I know and appreciate everyone one of those guys that did the best they could with the best they could afford. Thanks Lance Moreland
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ken Bonnema, kendirt, luckybuc97, racenut69, tirespinner
Blackduce (Offline)
  #5 10/19/22 3:56 PM
This is a real feel good.

Lynn
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, tirespinner