IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #1 12/22/22 6:44 PM
Well IOW members, I'd like to start this one off this year:

To quote Andy Williams, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year. Before we start the wishful salutations, I would like to take a moment to reflect on all of the ones we miss that are no longer here. Both on IOW and in the hearts of us IOW members.

My first moment of reflection here will be for a man I never met, Bill Gardner. He started this platform to allow us an avenue of rapport with each other. I hope he knows I thank him periodically.

I would also like to take a moment to remember IOW standout Jim Goerges. I met Jim once at Kokomo. I have always felt like more of a wealthy soul for having been graced by his presence and kindness at that time and thereafter online.

May both of these great human beings rest in peace. Feel free to remind us of others who are in your hearts.

Not all of us embrace the holiday season, though, so if you can, please try and lift up our brothers and sisters who might be struggling with it. A little cheer goes a long way.

But to all of you, from the booming metropolis of Stevensville, where the snow is currently falling without a care in the world and I will be shoveling out like a crazy b-stard tomorrow, in whatever way you wish to celebrate the season, I'd like to wish you a Merry Christmas (either with Jesus or Santa Claus), a Happy Hanukkah, and a Happy Kwanzaa!

And if that doesn't work.....

...it's Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Chiming in live from the West Coast of Michigan.... Mike
23 Likes: 2fast4u, Andrew S. Quinn, Bostonian, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, duel, fish, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, nathans1012, oppweld, Pitdad, racenut69, RACrappieman, Rcar, ronmil, TQ29m, wildman92
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #2 12/22/22 8:31 PM
Bill walls (Shortbus)
Dwight Clock
Imzie
Marv Fish
Dick Trammel
Pete Noll
Turtle
Many other friends no longer with us.

Tip a flask!
Happy Holidays!

Charles Nungester
21 Likes: Al Pierce, Bostonian, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, Ken Bonnema, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, motorhead748, Mrs G, nathans1012, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, Rcar, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, wallbanger II, wildman92
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #3 12/22/22 10:14 PM
Dwight Clock the best member this forum has ever had. Miss ya

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
9 Likes: Bostonian, Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, Mrs G, nathans1012, oppweld, ronmil, Stevensville Mike
wildman92 (Offline)
  #4 12/23/22 9:26 AM
You are right, this time of year can be very difficult for some. You never know what someone else is going through and I lose sight of that sometimes too. This year has been a painful reminder of that. Unfortunately, until those painful reminders happen, we don’t reflect on how OUR behavior can have an impact (one way or the other). Reach out to people, ask them how they are, listen to them, be a friend.

We miss seeing Cowboy Jim at the races for sure. Always looked forward to hearing whatever tail he was spinning.

Whatever the holidays mean to you, however you celebrate or don’t celebrate, stay safe, stay warm and fire up FloRacing to get you through the next few months!!

And God Bless America! 🇺🇸. Thanks.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
14 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, oppweld, racenut69, RACrappieman, Stevensville Mike, TQ29m
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #5 12/23/22 10:15 AM
Very nice thread. I miss my buddies Randy Mortland, Greg Koonz, and Don Sherrell. Had a lot of fun with those guys over the years. Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year. Try to stay warm.
16 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Charles Nungester, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, monkeyboy, Mrs G, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, TBONE, wildman92
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #6 12/23/22 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
Very nice thread. I miss my buddies Randy Mortland, Greg Koonz, and Don Sherrell. Had a lot of fun with those guys over the years. Hope everyone has a good Christmas and New Year. Try to stay warm.
Here's to hoping you have a better 2023 Brent.

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
15 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, BrentTFunk, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Mrs G, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, PIT CART, racenut69, ronmil, Stevensville Mike, wildman92
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #7 12/25/22 9:51 AM
Happy Holidays one and all! If we’re talking about people we lost this season that had influence on our racing, I can say I lost my ultimate racing hero. Dad passed away May 6th. He never posted here on IOW, but he read them all and would once in a while tell me to post a subject or comment now and then. It’s been a couple years now but still missing my buddy Cigar Dave.
6 Likes: Al Pierce, Ilovedirttrackracing, interpreter66, luckybuc97, mc/rider, Stevensville Mike
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #8 12/25/22 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
Happy Holidays one and all! If we’re talking about people we lost this season that had influence on our racing, I can say I lost my ultimate racing hero. Dad passed away May 6th. He never posted here on IOW, but he read them all and would once in a while tell me to post a subject or comment now and then. It’s been a couple years now but still missing my buddy Cigar Dave.
Always enjoyed talking with your Dad. Also enjoyed Cigar Dave.
4 Likes: flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, mc/rider, Stevensville Mike