IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris To Introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Cars
4/1/24, 4:30 AM   #1
Perris To Introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Cars
Scott Daloisio

For further information, contact Scott Daloisio mailto:perrisautospeedway1@gmail.com

For Immediate Release

PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY TO INTRODUCE WEST COAST XTREME SPRINT CAR RACING LATE IN 2024

(Perris, CA, April 1, 2024) Longtime Perris Auto Speedway promoter Don Kazarian has announced that the track is set to introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Car Racing to the track’s schedule near the end of the 2024 season. The class will be open to all winged and non-wing sprint cars. Besides safety, the new series will feature a limited rules package. All of the races will be run in conjunction with the track’s popular Nights of Destruction and all of the WCXSCR races will take place on the tracks Figure 8 course.

Kazarian has been pondering about something on these lines for quite some time. After watching wrecked sprint cars get tossed in the trash bins for years, the 1983 and 1984 CRA Sprint Car Series championship car owner, thinks this will be a good deal for race teams whose cars are not total losses.

“I have been thinking about this for quite some time,” Kazarian said. “Then it hit me one night when I was in bed staring at the ceiling. Sprint Cars on a Figure 8 track. What could be more exciting than that? After all, when you see Figure 8 racing these days, a lot of drivers are virtually using late models. Especially at the big events like the three-hour world championship in Indiana. That is exciting for sure, but just imagine it with sprint cars on dirt.”

Recently, Kazarian offered his idea to some of the local sprint car drivers and he got mixed reviews. Some liked it and others were not on board with potentially being involved in the history-making move.

“I talked to a few drivers about it,” Kazarian continued. “Some looked at me like I was crazy when I explained what I was planning on doing. Others are ready to jump in big time. Heck, if it works well, we could expand into some sprint car demolition derbies. I just got the demolition derby idea when we were talking. Sounds pretty intriguing to me.”

One driver who is on board with the idea is veteran West Coast open wheel racer Jeff Dyer of Yucca Valley, California. Dyer, who races 410 sprint cars and lightning sprints along with his son Seth, enjoys a big racing schedule. In fact, he is one of the busiest open wheel racers in California.

“I love the idea,” Dyer said over the phone while not racing on Saturday due to the rain in the “Golden State.” “It gives me an option on nights when I do not have another race scheduled. On top of everything else, I think I may be pretty good at it. I mean, I have torn up a lot of stuff over the years. I may be a natural for this new division. I do hope my partner on the car does not hear about it, though. He may be upset.”

Kazarian acknowledges that the idea may be controversial. However, with minimal rules besides safety, he thinks the races should be well accepted.

“Drivers can run winged or nonwing cars,” Kazarian stated. “410s, 360s, 305s, aluminum or cast iron blocks. They will be legal. Electric engines, too. If teams want to dump a little nitro into the fuel? No problem but they had better be careful as that stuff is hard on engines. No tire rules. Simply good old fashioned run what ya’ brung racing.”

Another driver who may be interested in doing some of the events is longtime veteran Brody Roa. This year the friendly driver has cut back his racing endeavors to have more time with his family.

“Heck, if there is a weekend when I do not have a race scheduled and I am not away doing something with my family, I might give it a shot,” he said from his Garden Grove, California home. “I have some equipment sitting around that I could get together if I decided to try it. Sounds fun.”

Kazarian is looking for the first West Coast Extreme Sprint Car Figure 8 race to take place in conjunction with the Night of Destruction on September 7th or October 26th. If things work well, he would like to have a big show in mid-November after the country's major sprint car series have concluded their schedules. That would allow the big national stars to make the show. If things go as planned, he would like to have the WCXSCR Sprint Car Figure 8’s at all N.O.D.’s in 2025.

“It sounds crazy, but I think it will work,” he said before adding with a wink and a smile, “tell everyone to have a very Happy April Fool’s Day.”

Advance tickets for all races through June 30 are available online at https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/pas/7. You can also order advance tickets by calling 1-800-595-4849. If you do not wish to purchase tickets advance tickets, we will have plenty available for everyone at the ticket window each night.

The Avanti Windows and Doors USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, GAS Chassis Young Guns, Senior Sprint Cars, PASSCAR Street Stocks, and American Factory Stocks will return on March 16th. One week prior, LKQ Pick Your Part will present the first Night of Destruction of 2024 on March 9th.

Perris Auto Speedway is conveniently located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of the Southern California Fair), one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway, and go three miles east to the fairgrounds. For directions online, the address to enter is: 18700 Lake Perris Drive and the zip code is 92571.

USAC/CRA races from Perris Auto Speedway are not streamed online.

Fans can stay up to date on track and driver news on The PAS social media efforts at the links below.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perri...8686480?ref=hl
Twitter: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/perrisautospeedway/

Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank the following corporate partners. Ahern Equipment Rentals, Battery Systems, Bud’s Tire, Tire Choice Auto Service, Chris’ Hauling, City of Perris, Communication Innovations, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Ed Moore Bullet Proof Driveshaft, Flowdynamics, GAS Chassis, HD Industries, Heimark/Anheuser Busch, Hoosier Tires, Inland Rigging, Living Water’s Hospice, LKQ Pick Your Part, Luke’s Transmission, Pepsi-Cola, Performance Online, Pole Position Raceway, PrintItNow.com, Rainbow Bolt & Supply, Rene’s Bar & Grill, Rugged Radios, Shaver Specialties, Square H, Sunoco Race Fuels, Trench Shoring, Upland Rock, Varner Construction and Vista Paint.

For information on 2024 billboard advertising at The PAS, please call 951-940-0134 and ask for Charlie Watson.

DVDs of all the PASSCAR/IMCA racing and Nights of Destruction at The PAS are available from Fourvideos. For more information call (714) 225-9500.

mailto:perrisautospeedway1@gmail.com is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.

2024 Perris Auto Speedway Schedule

April 6th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

April 27th AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

May 4th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

May 25th "SALUTE TO INDY" AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND STREET STOCKS

June 1st LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

June 22nd AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

July 4th “FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR AND SKY CONCERT” (TENTATIVE)
LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

July 13th AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES, AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

August 10th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

August 17th CALIFORNIA RACER’S HALL OF FAME NIGHT, AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND STREET STOCKS

September 7th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

September 21st AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

October 26th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

November 8th 27TH RUNNING OF THE OVAL NATIONALS Featuring AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER, STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

November 9th 27TH RUNNING OF THE OVAL NATIONALS Featuring AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES – JERRY DODD CHAMPIONS NIGHT, PASSCAR SUPER, STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

4/1/24, 8:29 AM   #2
Re: Perris To Introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Cars
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio View Post
For further information, contact Scott Daloisio mailto:perrisautospeedway1@gmail.com

For Immediate Release

PERRIS AUTO SPEEDWAY TO INTRODUCE WEST COAST XTREME SPRINT CAR RACING LATE IN 2024

(Perris, CA, April 1, 2024) Longtime Perris Auto Speedway promoter Don Kazarian has announced that the track is set to introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Car Racing to the track’s schedule near the end of the 2024 season. The class will be open to all winged and non-wing sprint cars. Besides safety, the new series will feature a limited rules package. All of the races will be run in conjunction with the track’s popular Nights of Destruction and all of the WCXSCR races will take place on the tracks Figure 8 course.

Kazarian has been pondering about something on these lines for quite some time. After watching wrecked sprint cars get tossed in the trash bins for years, the 1983 and 1984 CRA Sprint Car Series championship car owner, thinks this will be a good deal for race teams whose cars are not total losses.

“I have been thinking about this for quite some time,” Kazarian said. “Then it hit me one night when I was in bed staring at the ceiling. Sprint Cars on a Figure 8 track. What could be more exciting than that? After all, when you see Figure 8 racing these days, a lot of drivers are virtually using late models. Especially at the big events like the three-hour world championship in Indiana. That is exciting for sure, but just imagine it with sprint cars on dirt.”

Recently, Kazarian offered his idea to some of the local sprint car drivers and he got mixed reviews. Some liked it and others were not on board with potentially being involved in the history-making move.

“I talked to a few drivers about it,” Kazarian continued. “Some looked at me like I was crazy when I explained what I was planning on doing. Others are ready to jump in big time. Heck, if it works well, we could expand into some sprint car demolition derbies. I just got the demolition derby idea when we were talking. Sounds pretty intriguing to me.”

One driver who is on board with the idea is veteran West Coast open wheel racer Jeff Dyer of Yucca Valley, California. Dyer, who races 410 sprint cars and lightning sprints along with his son Seth, enjoys a big racing schedule. In fact, he is one of the busiest open wheel racers in California.

“I love the idea,” Dyer said over the phone while not racing on Saturday due to the rain in the “Golden State.” “It gives me an option on nights when I do not have another race scheduled. On top of everything else, I think I may be pretty good at it. I mean, I have torn up a lot of stuff over the years. I may be a natural for this new division. I do hope my partner on the car does not hear about it, though. He may be upset.”

Kazarian acknowledges that the idea may be controversial. However, with minimal rules besides safety, he thinks the races should be well accepted.

“Drivers can run winged or nonwing cars,” Kazarian stated. “410s, 360s, 305s, aluminum or cast iron blocks. They will be legal. Electric engines, too. If teams want to dump a little nitro into the fuel? No problem but they had better be careful as that stuff is hard on engines. No tire rules. Simply good old fashioned run what ya’ brung racing.”

Another driver who may be interested in doing some of the events is longtime veteran Brody Roa. This year the friendly driver has cut back his racing endeavors to have more time with his family.

“Heck, if there is a weekend when I do not have a race scheduled and I am not away doing something with my family, I might give it a shot,” he said from his Garden Grove, California home. “I have some equipment sitting around that I could get together if I decided to try it. Sounds fun.”

Kazarian is looking for the first West Coast Extreme Sprint Car Figure 8 race to take place in conjunction with the Night of Destruction on September 7th or October 26th. If things work well, he would like to have a big show in mid-November after the country's major sprint car series have concluded their schedules. That would allow the big national stars to make the show. If things go as planned, he would like to have the WCXSCR Sprint Car Figure 8’s at all N.O.D.’s in 2025.

“It sounds crazy, but I think it will work,” he said before adding with a wink and a smile, “tell everyone to have a very Happy April Fool’s Day.”

Advance tickets for all races through June 30 are available online at https://www.tix.com/ticket-sales/pas/7. You can also order advance tickets by calling 1-800-595-4849. If you do not wish to purchase tickets advance tickets, we will have plenty available for everyone at the ticket window each night.

The Avanti Windows and Doors USAC/CRA Sprint Cars, GAS Chassis Young Guns, Senior Sprint Cars, PASSCAR Street Stocks, and American Factory Stocks will return on March 16th. One week prior, LKQ Pick Your Part will present the first Night of Destruction of 2024 on March 9th.

Perris Auto Speedway is conveniently located on the Lake Perris Fairgrounds (home of the Southern California Fair), one hour east of Los Angeles and one hour North of San Diego. To get to the track, take the 215 freeway, exit on the Ramona Expressway, and go three miles east to the fairgrounds. For directions online, the address to enter is: 18700 Lake Perris Drive and the zip code is 92571.

USAC/CRA races from Perris Auto Speedway are not streamed online.

Fans can stay up to date on track and driver news on The PAS social media efforts at the links below.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Perri...8686480?ref=hl
Twitter: Perris Auto Speedway on Twitter
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/perrisautospeedway/

Perris Auto Speedway wants to thank the following corporate partners. Ahern Equipment Rentals, Battery Systems, Bud’s Tire, Tire Choice Auto Service, Chris’ Hauling, City of Perris, Communication Innovations, Daytona Boat & RV Storage, Ed Moore Bullet Proof Driveshaft, Flowdynamics, GAS Chassis, HD Industries, Heimark/Anheuser Busch, Hoosier Tires, Inland Rigging, Living Water’s Hospice, LKQ Pick Your Part, Luke’s Transmission, Pepsi-Cola, Performance Online, Pole Position Raceway, PrintItNow.com, Rainbow Bolt & Supply, Rene’s Bar & Grill, Rugged Radios, Shaver Specialties, Square H, Sunoco Race Fuels, Trench Shoring, Upland Rock, Varner Construction and Vista Paint.

For information on 2024 billboard advertising at The PAS, please call 951-940-0134 and ask for Charlie Watson.

DVDs of all the PASSCAR/IMCA racing and Nights of Destruction at The PAS are available from Fourvideos. For more information call (714) 225-9500.

mailto:perrisautospeedway1@gmail.com is the only authorized Internet address to issue official media news released from The Perris Auto Speedway or Oval Entertainment.

2024 Perris Auto Speedway Schedule

April 6th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

April 27th AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

May 4th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

May 25th "SALUTE TO INDY" AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND STREET STOCKS

June 1st LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

June 22nd AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

July 4th “FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR AND SKY CONCERT” (TENTATIVE)
LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

July 13th AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES, AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

August 10th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

August 17th CALIFORNIA RACER’S HALL OF FAME NIGHT, AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND STREET STOCKS

September 7th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

September 21st AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS Senior Sprints, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUNS SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER AND FACTORY STOCKS

October 26th LKQ Pick Your Part Presents NIGHT OF DESTRUCTION: DEMO CROSS, FIGURE 8'S, TRAILER FIGURE 8’S, MINI STOCKS AND
DOUBLE DECKERS

November 8th 27TH RUNNING OF THE OVAL NATIONALS Featuring AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES AND PASSCAR SUPER, STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

November 9th 27TH RUNNING OF THE OVAL NATIONALS Featuring AVANTI USAC/CRA SPRINT CARS, PAS SENIOR SPRINTS, GAS CHASSIS YOUNG GUN SERIES – JERRY DODD CHAMPIONS NIGHT, PASSCAR SUPER, STREET AND FACTORY STOCKS

THIS SCHEDULE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Scott I think you stayed up too late. Or got up too early.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, racefan20
4/1/24, 8:37 AM   #3
PJ Wright

Always enjoy Scott's annual April 1st posts.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

4/1/24, 8:55 PM   #4
Re: Perris To Introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Cars
Jonr

Great IOW tradition.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, PJ Wright, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Perris To Introduce West Coast Xtreme Sprint Cars