Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarm92 View Post
lps has a lt mod june 28th summer national
HOW MANY MODIFIEDS WILL FOLLOW THIS

http://www.modifiednationals.com/

2/26/11, 11:09 AM   #23
Re: hossier fall classic
staggerman

I would like to see the ASCS National Tour get a shot at the Burg for the Hoosier Fall Classic. I think it would be an awesome show.

2/26/11, 12:10 PM   #24
mini27

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
I would like to see the ASCS National Tour get a shot at the Burg for the Hoosier Fall Classic. I think it would be an awesome show.
The ASCS National Tour would be a very good Hoosier Fall Classic, a lot of all star guys around ohio also have 360s, Greg Wilson, Danny Smith, Tim shaffer, Chad Kemenah and Dale Blaney both drive one from time to time. Sammy Might even stop by for a ASCS Fall Classic

3/6/11, 2:43 AM   #25
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
up till they changed the track, there were 50 + winged sprints and probably the biggest crowd of the year. now things have changed, but not for the better in my opinion. they have been having 10k non-winged races, but when you have the same special all the time,(2 or 3 times a year) it's not special anymore. just because you don't like wings or lates or...... doesn't mean others don't
Guess you a wanger huh? Thats kool to each their own! Maybe cuz theres not many wanged cars in Indiana anymore

---------- Post added at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Im going totally against the grain here.........

I loved the old burg on a fast two groved heavy track, Which was rare and most nights I've seen two year olds running around faster than Sprints went around the place. The new track is always fast What I find is that when its narrow, the racings not that good. When its wide and still got a good cushion. Katy Bar the Door! Run's like Demons 15th to first MSCS win and the following nights JS 8th to win were outstanding nights.

Wings? I honestly gotta say, At the HFC last year, The wing racing was damn good. They actually got around the track too fast and had to get out sometimes which made the racing good.

The problem and I've said it before. Wings came to Burg and other indiana tracks very rarely. Most of the Hotbed is over 100 miles away (Limaland) and honestly. I think Wing Racing has become watered down between 410-360-305.

Not only that, Fans don't know half of them, I'll drive a hundred miles or more to see JS, DD, DG, LJ and other USAC regulars cause they are at my home track more than once a year, I know em, Met em and love em. Add to that the fact the All Stars are not nearly the All Stars of the 80s-90s with a fifteen car following...............

See you in 52 days, Its the only place within a hundred miles I can see NW sprint racing from Mason OH and I don't see Waynesfield getting the support it did
Chuck I agree100% and like you said bout track being fast last years USAC and MSCS races the track was scarey fast. It was like what Dave Argabright said once its so fast if you get in trouble you won"t stop flipping till Thursday:2:

3/6/11, 6:30 AM   #26
cecil98

While I'm not a big fan of winged sprints on a regular basis, I did really look forward to and enjoy the "Fall Classic" (old track and new track!) The racing was always pretty good, for the most part...heat races were terrible but the feature always wound up being fairly interesting (especially the Blake Fease{???} white flag lap slide job that took out the 1st and 2nd place cars a couple of years ago!!)

3/6/11, 11:43 AM   #27
BrentTFunk

Anybody else remember when the Hoosier Fall Classic was held at Avilla? I went every year they had it. The last year Hewitt ( I believe in the Briscoe 5) passed Haud in the Hampshire 63 on the last lap.

3/6/11, 11:58 AM   #28
ThrowbackRacingTeam

hahahahahaha!!!!!!! A wing/latemodel fan having to drive out of state to
see that type of racing. I'll be feeling real sorry for you on my drives to
Indiana from Iowa to get away from that crap. That's about all there is
around here. Come on out and enjoy, we're only 5 hrs. from Indy!

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
3/6/11, 3:43 PM   #29
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokwaidid View Post
neither lawrenceburg or all star sprints have a date for the fall classic. will there be a race or is it over? i always looked forward to this race.
i love the burg i just wish that they would have a big race weekend that all of us would say this is the weekend that you can not miss. they have a great place and they need to pack the house with non winged and winged sprint cars weekend. get some great drivers that would run without the wing and some with the wing and pack the house with 10000 to win on both the wing and non wing

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > hossier fall classic