IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500
5/21/14, 7:30 PM   #1
Night Before The 500
Midget4

As we all know Pavement midget racing is going away which sucks because its amazing racing. But I think USAC has ruined the value of the Pavement series in General (sprint and Silver Crown Also). I think this years Night Before will be the final one because of no USAC pavement midgets. On the bright Side, they will always have a chance to race With STARS at Grundy County. Awesome racing there!!!!

3 members like this post: GasIt4, STARS Racing, team3521
5/21/14, 8:08 PM   #2
team3521

USAC has had this in their plans for a while. How could they not see this coming 5 or more years ago?

1 member likes this post: dirtball
5/21/14, 8:35 PM   #3
vitron

5 years ago at that race they had 40 some cars, look it up! USAC tanked it when they separated the pavement from the national championship. There is still pavement sprints out there and pavement midgets out there, no one wants to run with USAC. They just keep shooting themselves in there foot with self serving rules and decisions being made to cater to a few and not the club as a whole. They can't figure out how to make the racer want to run with there organization.

3 members like this post: Hotrod, rdzsprint, team3521
5/22/14, 8:01 AM   #4
Re: Night Before The 500
rj1

always love message boards that ***** about everything and provide no solutions, unfortunately that's pretty much every auto racing message board in existance and is why I've always found discussing racing on the internet quite the thankless chore

("NASCAR should be ashamed that a bunch of reddit nerds exploited the fan vote to get Josh Wise in the All-Star Race!")

1 member likes this post: fish
5/22/14, 10:01 AM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
("NASCAR should be ashamed that a bunch of reddit nerds exploited the fan vote to get Josh Wise in the All-Star Race!")
Why, you think that Danica was somehow pushed to the curb? At least Josh Wise has won races throughout his career.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6 members like this post: CRA91, dirt330, Gregg, jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, speed bump
5/22/14, 10:50 AM   #6
team3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj1 View Post
always love message boards that ***** about everything and provide no solutions, unfortunately that's pretty much every auto racing message board in existance and is why I've always found discussing racing on the internet quite the thankless chore

Nobody asked you for your $0.02 worth. If you don't like reading these boards, then please! By all means! Excuse yourself from them!

5/22/14, 11:19 AM   #7
Dez1013

There was no exploitation of the fan votes. It is just that, a vote. Period. They helped fund the guy so damn right they're going to vote him into the all star race.

Also, just because someone uses a website doesn't automatically make them into a nerd. I'm sure you're a really cool dude though and you've got it all figured out.

5/24/14, 4:54 PM   #8
GasIt4

11 cars. Should make for a nice 50 lap heat race. I laugh because 3 years ago there was 35 cars! Great job everyone!

5/24/14, 5:30 PM   #9
Pat O'Connor Fan

Usually when someone starts the old "I remember back when.........." stuff, it is a reference to events of way more than 3 or 4 or 5 years ago.

Shocking that the USAC (pavement) midgets have sunk this far in such a scant few years.

But I do recall the Night Before the 500 midget race being contested on dirt a few times back in those days some of us old farts love to reminisce about.

2 members like this post: dirt330, Kinser11
5/24/14, 6:14 PM   #10
ossuks

Kevin has done a fantastic job!!! In his tenure at USAC he has killed off the pavement sprints, destroyed the Silver Crown series, after the turd he laid tonight he has killed off pavement midgets! All his "stars" are off racing other places tonight instead of competing at the (before Kevin) most prestigious midget race in USAC !! Now, he is down to 8 sprint car teams!! Once POWER-I wakes up an notices that there are only about 6 USAC midget teams that will be the end of USAC midgets!! But, I do owe a big thank you to Kevin and Jason Smith for retiring me prior to destroying what myself and many good men spent a lifetime building!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500