Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The Rumor Mill
6/23/09, 9:57 AM   #41
Re: The Rumor Mill
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
I disagree with wings completely.
Me, too. Well, except on airplanes. THOSE are okay, I guess.

6/23/09, 10:11 AM   #42
n8dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernDayCowboyFan92 View Post
This may be far out there, but what about trying to make a seperate pavement and dirt series and maybe add the wings on pavement, and try to talk to the AVSS and HOSS groups about trying to make one strong series, and adding race dates. It seems like there would be enough cars to have some decent car counts. I can remember going to Plymouth Speedway and a couple other northern Indiana pavement tracks, and when the winged sprints came in they would pack the place. Seems like a few years ago, like when USAC would run at Winchester and at the Michigan tracks that more of the AVSS guys would take the wings off and run with them. Maybe USAC could reach out to some of these guys and invite them back to their races or something of that sort.

Kalamazoo speedway last saturday evening ... Low car count but excellent racing.. Too bad only 2 michigan drivers showed without their wings.. Wings are ok for me I can go either way . The problem weather its usac or avss/hoss at Kzoo the fan base there would pretty much prefer fenders Us that know winged and non winged pavement sprints love it !... Im more of a pavement fan than a dirt fan especially after doing Millstream sunday evening.. Its just not fun sitting in showers of dirt and not being able to see the track. Eldora can be just as bad.. If you do away with the pavement shows I may have to find something else to occupy my weekends ..

6/23/09, 10:44 AM   #43
Checker'd Past

wings........hell no!!!!!!!!!!!

6/23/09, 10:51 AM   #44
50mcrewguy

I too think that co-sanctioning with other pavement series (whether it's ARCA, AVSS or HOSS) would help the car and fan count. I know for us, we had to miss the Kalamazoo race due too finances, it just killed us to be at home less than two hours from a race that we felt we could have run well in. I like the internet broadcasts that have been shown this year, it would be nice for the racers if they were archived so we could watch them when we get home from the race. I know that Must See Racing archives their races after they have been shown on Comcast. I like the idea also of putting wings on the cars for pavement, if that happens I know of another car that will be there!

6/23/09, 11:01 AM   #45
Tony Barhorst

I knew Kalamazoo Speedway would provide great racing...It is wide, smooth and has nice banking...I worked trying to sell tickets for the Wolverine Midget Nationals Chuck Painter promoted. Great track....But I noticed...no one was talking about it here...I got updates from www.tjslideways.com.

That is Gordon Johncock country up there.

I will say this...Michigan has some fine paved tracks..and I have not even seen all of them..Springport...Berlin...I know there are others

I always thought it was great to go to Winchester and see Jeff Bloom and Marvin Carman run roadsters there with USAC..it really spiced it up...But someone in power said..."we have got to get rid of these roadsters"....Who has their fingerprints on that?
Last edited by Tony Barhorst; 6/23/09 at 11:08 AM.

6/23/09, 11:09 AM   #46
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50mcrewguy View Post
I too think that co-sanctioning with other pavement series (whether it's ARCA, AVSS or HOSS) would help the car and fan count. I know for us, we had to miss the Kalamazoo race due too finances, it just killed us to be at home less than two hours from a race that we felt we could have run well in. I like the internet broadcasts that have been shown this year, it would be nice for the racers if they were archived so we could watch them when we get home from the race. I know that Must See Racing archives their races after they have been shown on Comcast. I like the idea also of putting wings on the cars for pavement, if that happens I know of another car that will be there!
Haven't you guys run that 50m car a few times with Cameron Dodson and Coons and some others when USAC and some winged races were at Winchester?

6/23/09, 11:12 AM   #47
50mcrewguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Haven't you guys run that 50m car a few times with Cameron Dodson and Coons and some others when USAC and some winged races were at Winchester?
Yes we have, we were at Winchester in April when we were rained out. Also we had a decent car at Anderson then got crashed at the start.

6/23/09, 11:12 AM   #48
kinser

I wish they would have made it a 2 day deal, Kalamazoo on Friday and Berlin on Saturday. We always ran the sprints at Berlin back in the 90's and they always had a great crowd !
Posted via Mobile Device

6/23/09, 11:13 AM   #49
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checker'd Past View Post
wings........hell no!!!!!!!!!!!
I was beginning to think you died, where have you been lately

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

6/23/09, 11:42 AM   #50
Checker'd Past