Any updates please Thanks

1 member likes this post: rapid robert
10/10/20, 8:59 PM   #13
openwheelfan1

30 sprints, 40 midgets, 31 mini-sprints

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Ken Bonnema, LUCKYONE
10/11/20, 12:15 AM   #14
IndianaSprintFan

Awesome to see Tmez win it, I’m sure he’s glad it was 30 and not 31 laps. Great racing in both sprints and midget. Hate to see the season come to an end but just glad we got to see racing this year. Stay safe this winter see ya in the spring

10/11/20, 1:51 AM   #15
Re: Tristate
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

TMez made two of the best restarts Ive ever seen.He was like a nickle in their pocket,had the position going into the first turn

10/11/20, 10:28 AM   #16
jonboat15

I watched from the TV and thought the racing and the track were awesome. Sprints and midgets racing there is something I will have to witness first hand someday.

4 members like this post: erich45, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, oppweld
10/11/20, 6:06 PM   #17
jim goerge

During the midget heats some drivers were saying that the track didn"t need Tom and crew to rework the track, which I find funny cuz everybody knows its going to happen when Tom thinks its needed, besides it only takes the crew bout 15 minutes to do it. I also find it funny that people who don"t like the rework always say WOW what a race, track was perfect Drivers can talk BUT that rework sure makes for a great track for us fans. THANKS Tom and crew.

10/11/20, 10:47 PM   #18
SoIllSprinter

The track is uniquely good because Mr. Helfrich can put together a fresh track in 15 minutes. I would think car owners and drivers would be happy with the track maintenance as it never gets truly rutted and rough. For fans, it stays relatively dust free and doesn’t get rubber down. I understand sometimes it makes for good racing for a track to evolve without work, but you can see that at almost any other track. Those that attempt TSS style maintenance usually can’t replicate it in a timely manner or really do it well.
This is no knock on LPS, because I enjoy the racing there as well, but on the double-header night a few weeks ago it became lockdown rubber and one lane. Not LPS’s fault as there were a lot of cars on the track in full daylight, including the first feature, where the problem was already in evidence. They tried to work it on more than one occasion, but they didn’t have the equipment to make it work and it took a long time.
The Helfrich’s have a system, and it works well for their track and makes it a unique venue. The fact that I can no longer get there early enough on race day to get the seating I prefer (that’s another rant for another time, but I’m tired of seeing people mark off 5, 10, or 15 seats for 2 or 3 people and coolers) tells me the fans like it pretty well.
With all that being said, it was a entertaining night. Cummins has that place down cold, but I was pleased to see Ballou get his mojo back. I think he had something for Cummins, but Kyle is just so very good in traffic. The midget feature was a bit wonky but it turned into a great race and finish. It was interesting to note the two drivers who complained about the track were 1-2 and fighting for the win at the line. Seemed like pretty good racing to me.

10/12/20, 2:06 PM   #19
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

We were happy to see our friends one more time in a shortened 2020 race season.
Oh yes I must mention one more Dewig Double Cheeseburger.😊

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

10/12/20, 2:11 PM   #20
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
We were happy to see our friends one more time in a shortened 2020 race season.
Oh yes I must mention one more Dewig Double Cheeseburger.😊
I'll take comment with a grain of salt!

6 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, Dirtfan, jim goerge, luckybuc97, racenut69, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Tristate