Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli bowl
11/23/20, 4:32 PM   #1
Chilli bowl
zoey56

Any information if the chilli bowl is happening

11/23/20, 6:07 PM   #2
Pitdad

Website still saying they will run with 25% fan capacity.

https://www.chilibowl.com/news/?i=88622

That said, you really should monitor the official Chili Bowl website and wait to commit to travel or lodging plans for as long as you can. Governor won't commit to statewide action, but just last week enacted exec order requiring bars and restaurants to close in person dining/service at 11 PM. That's a major restriction for us. Mayor of Tulsa is likely to put the clamps on this (reluctantly) after the poor press they received over the Tulsa presidential rally. He knows how important the Chili Bowl is to the local economy. He won't shut it down unless it's a last resort, but cases here are climbing higher than they have all year, and it's only going to get worse as everything moves indoors.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
11/23/20, 10:46 PM   #3
flagboy55

At 25% capacity I would say it’s already done big time damage to the local economy that depends on this event as a shot in the arm for the year. I saw some banter as to the fact they raised pit passes for the event because of the restrictions on spectators. Some wonder if it’s temporary or if it will stay even when things get back to normal. I personally don’t recollect anyone rolling back prices after they raised them. And I’ve always figured that the overhead for this event was high, but if it was cancelled, that’s a huge loss for the city or whoever owns the building. I would think under the circumstances reduced rent versus no rent at all would be a viable option. I’m glad it’s going to happen, one of our favorite events of the year, but they’re not doing the fans and participants a favor by having it anymore than those who profit from it

11/24/20, 1:02 AM   #4
Re: Chilli bowl
Pitdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
At 25% capacity I would say it’s already done big time damage to the local economy that depends on this event as a shot in the arm for the year. I saw some banter as to the fact they raised pit passes for the event because of the restrictions on spectators. Some wonder if it’s temporary or if it will stay even when things get back to normal. I personally don’t recollect anyone rolling back prices after they raised them. And I’ve always figured that the overhead for this event was high, but if it was cancelled, that’s a huge loss for the city or whoever owns the building. I would think under the circumstances reduced rent versus no rent at all would be a viable option. I’m glad it’s going to happen, one of our favorite events of the year, but they’re not doing the fans and participants a favor by having it anymore than those who profit from it
Revenue will be a problem, but don't forget about TV revenue. It will cost a pretty penny to stream this one...

The real challenge for Emmett and company will be the walk up pit passes. They'll restrict grandstands to 25%, they'll limit the number of people that can come in with a car, and then they'll have to SEVERELY limit the number of walk up pit passes (basically general admission). They will probably have an additional expense for security as there will be plenty of unhappy locals that are used to walking up on Friday and Saturday nights.

11/24/20, 1:24 AM   #5
Re: Chilli bowl

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

per the Chilibowl there is no limit to cars entering. (five pit passes per car.) Yes grandstands 25%, (hoping I get mine).

Spectator pit passes will be limited to 750 per day. which must be thousands less than normal I would guess. I have yet to see an answer to if you can buy a weeks of pit passes the first day or if you have to get in line early each day, and also if you can upgrade your grandstand tickets to pit passes.

They also mentioned the pits at 6900ish people max. which shouldnt be a problem unless you get over a thousand entries. Have not heard about the trade show and if that included in the 6900.

Still going to be up to 10,000 people in a 450,000 square ft building. that gets you 45 sq ft each. lets race

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Chilli bowl