IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - IndyCar's Tony Kanaan in the Prelude?
6/5/10, 12:37 AM   #11
Re: OT - IndyCar's Tony Kanaan in the Prelude
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Hi Gregg,

I was watching Cup practice from Pocono awhile ago on the Speed channel, and they were talking about the prelude, and how cool it was gonna be to see Tony Kanaan there. Hope Dario accepts also, good charities involved.

David.
Dario can't except. They (he & his team) already had a scheduled practice that day. TK is in that seat now just heard it on SPEED TV.

6/5/10, 4:40 AM   #12
Boston41

I think Travis Pastrana is the bigger story... He'll bring new eyes to the sport. I like TK, but he will only bring the IRL eyes - all 27 of them.

6/5/10, 6:28 AM   #13
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston41 View Post
I think Travis Pastrana is the bigger story... He'll bring new eyes to the sport. I like TK, but he will only bring the IRL eyes - all 27 of them.
But he may also bring alot of eyes to the IRL as well.

6/5/10, 9:41 AM   #14
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSneader2 View Post
But he may also bring alot of eyes to the IRL as well.
I think it's easier to convert pavement fans into dirt fans. I am a much more general fan, as where I live I have to do a lot of pavement races to get my fix.

I can remember a Saturday night in September 2004, watching a guy with a neck brace and crutches carry two beers down the front stretch grandstands during a big block modified race at Eldora. The next morning as we headed down I-70 to the speedway amidst a sea of silver Beemers, Benz's and Audis I still wasn't aware of how different fans could be. It rained during that F1 race, which is even cooler than just a plain F1 race. The contrast between both places was astounding, yet I don't think I was the only person to do a double like that. Now both series are gone from those respective tracks. I know dirt late models and the IRL are both more popular in Ohio and Indiana.

I am glad it's for charity and glad to see a more diverse crowd of drivers. If the broadcasting team was coached or scripted by Dave Argabright I think more hardcore race fans would watch it. Listening to those guys talk about "slide jobs", "qualifying speeds", and on and on is agonizing. Seeing dirt late models on my plasma is cool even if I gotta pay $25 and listen to that jibber. I think it would be nice if Coons, Darland, or Jones could race. It really should be like a replacement for IROC. The whole champion aspect, not the spec aspect.

This may pave the way for potential Indy winners to make certain their schedule is open for this race.

This is a pretty cool video of Carmichael practicing Austin Dillon's late model:http://vimeo.com/12082537
Last edited by apexonephoto; 6/5/10 at 9:44 AM.

6/5/10, 1:30 PM   #15
mnnonwing

Ya know kanaan's got balls so way can't he throw it sideway's at eldora... Do it tony!!

6/5/10, 1:52 PM   #16
CRA91

Tony Stewart confirmed that Kanaan was going to run when he was on Trackside,also said that Dario wanted to run but couldn't due to testing on the same day.That's two confrimations from very reliable sources.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT - IndyCar's Tony Kanaan in the Prelude?