IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I"m Thankful for
11/21/18, 2:51 PM   #11
Re: Things I"m Thankful for
ISF

We are thankful for the fact that we get to enjoy yet another Thanksgiving with my 94 year old Mother.

I'm thankful that I married a woman almost 28 years ago that understands, accepts, and from time to time participates in a malady that I've had since I was 8 or 9 years old.

The malady I speak of is a racing addiction that was passed to me from my Dad and I'm thankful he inflicted it on me and I miss him every day.

I'm thankful to have good enough health that I'm able to make my living doing something that I love and enjoy.

I'm thankful for that same good health so as to be able to be entertained by talented and brave men and women, most who would do it if it paid only black eyes.

I'm thankful that I've been blessed with a career that provides the wherewithal to have attended and enjoyed racing all over this great country of ours, and continue to do so.

I'm thankful for having met several of the folks who frequent this message board. A couple of them of which I've become good friends with.

And lastly, I'm thankful that I got to see Jack Hewitt KICK ASS on occasions too numerous to mention in a half dozen different types of racecars!! LOL!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE and please be safe no matter what your plans are!

11/21/18, 3:20 PM   #12
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Its that time of of the year already, seems like the racing season just flew bye to me. I didn"t make it to as many races as I hoped too,, but seeing as I had major surgery in the off season and towards end of this season finding out my illness has come back again , I guess I still had a pretty good year of racing with 31 races in. With that being said, what I"m really thankful for is all my friends I:ve made over the years at tracks truthfully I met most friends here at IOW and then met them at the track I very much believe you meet the best people at race tracks. I posted on here couple of days before Sprint Week that if you saw a guy with a cowboy hat on and using a walker stop and sat Hi, man it seemed like each night had at least a dozen people stop and say Hey, so kool. I" like to tell Jen Dan Tony Toby Shondra(Mrs G) Abe Nate Coach Ron Jerry I know I"m missing some but THANK YOU for watching over me, you didn"t have to BUT you did and I love ya for it. Last year I was just thankful to wake up in the morning and suck in a breath of air and open my eyes, This year I"m thankful for the same thing BUT also all my friends . Again THANK YOU for watching over my puny ass and I LOVE YOU GUYS Jim
Jim,

I am thankful for IOW, as that is how we first connected. On our first road trip, I introduced you to the midgets at Belle-Clair and got you hooked for life on that racy little joint. We also enjoyed the great barbecue at Hicks in Belleville. We had a lot of fun on our road trips racing and eating. Late night breakfasts at Waffle House in Corydon were an interesting experience.
Always enjoyed your stories, particularly about your days of racing a sprint car at Haubstadt.
Hope to see you at DuQuoin in December and at many more races in 2019.
So proud to have you as a friend!

11/21/18, 6:49 PM   #13
sp6967

i am thankful for Robert Ballou. he spoke his mind and said a lot things other drivers wanted to, but didn't.

3 members like this post: Chief Wahoo, jim goerge, Rpracing1
11/22/18, 6:16 AM   #14
jim goerge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Jim,

I am thankful for IOW, as that is how we first connected. On our first road trip, I introduced you to the midgets at Belle-Clair and got you hooked for life on that racy little joint. We also enjoyed the great barbecue at Hicks in Belleville. We had a lot of fun on our road trips racing and eating. Late night breakfasts at Waffle House in Corydon were an interesting experience.
Always enjoyed your stories, particularly about your days of racing a sprint car at Haubstadt.
Hope to see you at DuQuoin in December and at many more races in 2019.
So proud to have you as a friend!
Ron Saw your post while getting chemo and man it brought back those great road trips we too k made me kinda forget what I was going though and let me remember trips like Little Belleville LOL when that first set of hot laps happened, WELL I was speechless , remember only thing I could say was Holy Sh#t lol Thanks for the good times and being a good friend I"m hoping to make DuQuion

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I"m Thankful for