Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car
3/5/09, 5:30 PM   #21
Re: What was your 1st car
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by raceway video View Post
1966 Opel Cadet station wagon. Given to me by my Dad. First car I purchased was a 69 Firebird, 6 banger however :eek:
I learned to drive in a 66 Opel Cadet Wagon. Dad accidentally put the clutch disk in backwards and it would hang then slam in. You had to have a real soft touch on it. In hindsight it probably made me better with a clutch.

The first thing I actually owned was a 1951 Chevy P/U. 216 3 on the tree. Bought it in pieces and my dad made me do a complete restore on it so that I would appreciate what I had. Exploded the tranny after a few hundred miles, so I put a Muncie three speed in it with a late model Chevelle rear. It took a mile to get up to speed but would really haul once it was wound up.

I used to cruise Bloomington on Friday and Saturday nights looking for girls. Didn't know what to do when I found one, so I just kept cruising looking for more.

3/5/09, 5:30 PM   #22
micro94

1974 chevy nova.**** brown.No hub caps.Only a 305 but I made it to town and back in about 5 minutes in high school.Bout a 10 mile trip.In those days at 2 in the morning with no headlights on you could fly.

3/5/09, 6:19 PM   #23
sprntr

66 Chevy II Nova
Crager S/S wheels
G60-14's on the rear F70-14's on the front
6" shackles, air shocks (Delco's?) 6" re-arced mono leaf springs
250 c.i. L-6
Powerglide

All show, no go!

3/5/09, 6:29 PM   #24
Midget82

1996 Red GMC Sonoma... Lowered 3" front, 4" rear. American Racing Torque Thrust II Wheels. Will be installing a billet grille once it warms up. Nothin' too special or fast but hey... the 4 cylinder does pretty good on gas :thumb

3/5/09, 6:38 PM   #25
Joe Kidd

64 Ford Galaxy 500 427! Wish I had that car back.

3/5/09, 7:20 PM   #26
AsianPersuasian

1992 F-150 XLT....still drive it today, only has 103k on it....5.0, unfortunately it's an auto

3/5/09, 7:31 PM   #27
scooter99

1990 Mustang GT 5.0 5 speed. :cheers

3/5/09, 7:31 PM   #28
raceway video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
I learned to drive in a 66 Opel Cadet Wagon. Dad accidentally put the clutch disk in backwards and it would hang then slam in. You had to have a real soft touch on it. In hindsight it probably made me better with a clutch.
I learned how to drive in that car also. I would drive up and down the driveway for hours. What fun!

In 66 when Dad first purchase it, the family drove cross country for 6 weeks following the NY Mets. No air conditioner of coarse. Great trip, good memories!

3/5/09, 7:40 PM   #29
throb

1987 Ford Tempo..........the starter burned out in it when i was a senior in high school so i had my buddy "bump" start me every day after school!!:rolling i was just practicing for the sprint car :thumb

3/5/09, 8:09 PM   #30
TeamCGR

1970 Dodge Challenger. I loved that Car. I painted it Metalic Brown with SS Craiger Wheels and a really coooool 8 Track Player. It had a 318 Mopar Motor with Headers and Glass Pack Exhaust. It was awesome. The best time with the car was the time I spent with my Father putting it together. I drove it for the first time in 1979 and thought I was the coolest dude on the planet. I bought anther one several years ago so I could relive my early yeats but it is not the same. Then came marriage and Children. One of them decided to be a Race Car Driver so there went any extra $$... Enjoy the first car you own, there will never be another..

Pete Gulick
CGR

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What was your 1st car