IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac
6/19/18, 6:49 PM   #1
Usac
PJ Wright

Over the years, I've been critical of a number of things USAC has done, but I feel that lately they've been doing a lot of really good things. I know that there are a couple of 'fans' that probably will use this thread as just another bashing opportunity. That's OK, when ever I encounter someone who is a chronic complainer (on IOW or life in general) I give their opinions no consideration. So anyway, Thank you USAC! From adding a race to the schedule for Gas City, to bringing Sprintweek to an underserved part of the state, to a new dirt track at IMS, etc. I think you're doing a great job!
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6/19/18, 7:44 PM   #2
Re: Usac
BrentTFunk

I agree I started going to USAC races a lot in 1982. The past couple of years have been the best I have seen. Not that it was bad before that.

5 members like this post: duel, flagboy55, interpreter66, jim goerge, racinrich
6/19/18, 8:16 PM   #3
openwheelfan1

I attended my first USAC sprint car event at Salem, IN in July 1967. Since then I’ve been fortunate to attend several hundred USAC races at tracks throughout the country. I can honestly say that I cannot ever remember events being run quicker and with more organization. Yes, there are races that are runaways, but for the most part the races are close and exciting with a lot of clean, close racing. Levi Jones, Kirk Spridgeon and the staff deserve a lot of credit, and so do the participants. USAC is listening to the racers and the fans, and the result is some great enjoyable racing.

6/19/18, 8:25 PM   #4
interpreter66

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelfan1 View Post
I attended my first USAC sprint car event at Salem, IN in July 1967. Since then I’ve been fortunate to attend several hundred USAC races at tracks throughout the country. I can honestly say that I cannot ever remember events being run quicker and with more organization. Yes, there are races that are runaways, but for the most part the races are close and exciting with a lot of clean, close racing. Levi Jones, Kirk Spridgeon and the staff deserve a lot of credit, and so do the participants. USAC is listening to the racers and the fans, and the result is some great enjoyable racing.
I agree with the way things are run at the track,they are very efficient in getting the program moving and if you have ever been in the pit's there is a very special staff member who really makes it happen good job to all of them but especially Stacie 👍👍👍

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
6/19/18, 8:37 PM   #5
Rpracing1

Thank You PJ for a positive post, correctly commending the Sanctioning body that most of us love. These types of posts are few and far in between. Thanks again, we needed this.

6/19/18, 9:16 PM   #6
Re: Usac
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

THanks USAC Racers, Crew and fans.
No complaints here and anything I ever say is seeking ways of improving and getting more participation and fans.

I think the full houses of fans in Eastern Storm swing are a testamate to the product.

6/19/18, 10:09 PM   #7
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
THanks USAC Racers, Crew and fans.
No complaints here and anything I ever say is seeking ways of improving and getting more participation and fans.

I think the full houses of fans in Eastern Storm swing are a testamate to the product.
I agree. I was amazed at the grandstands at Grandview. Place was packed!!

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, flagboy55, jim goerge
6/20/18, 12:54 AM   #8
flagboy55

USAC IS THE BEST! I hope it continues to be that way. Just need enough quality cars at each race to run a consi, and all is good.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, captrat, Jbaldwin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac