Race Count This Year: 4

26 sprints. Some good cars here.

Heat#1Morin
Heat#2 Ballou

Running heat #3 running now

5/25/18, 8:36 PM   #3
hilly

Heat#3: Tyler Courtney. He looked bad fast in that heat.

Fast qualifier was Bland.

5/25/18, 9:53 PM   #4
hilly

Stanbrough on the pole. Sunshine, outside row 1. Ballou, Morin, ktj, bland.

5/25/18, 10:08 PM   #5
hilly

Sunshine, Ballou, Ktj. Hell of a race!!!

5/25/18, 10:15 PM   #6
KingRandomUser

Top 3 slicing and dicing through heavy heavy traffic, watching Ballou and Sunshine trading the lead several times at that. Just wow!

5/25/18, 10:44 PM   #7
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Best feature I’ve seen at Bloomington. Ever.

But seriously, no chocolate ice cream? Y’all lost some money tonight.

5/26/18, 12:42 AM   #8
Re: Bloomington
Jerry Shaw

I agree. I can't remember seeing a race at Bloomington that was any better than what we saw tonight. Sunshine grabbed the lead as soon as the green was waved, but had Robert Ballou and Jeff Bland in close pursuit. Really early in the race, Robert made an aggressive move going into turn 3 and for a very brief instant had the lead. But, just that quick, Tyler raced back around him and was once again the leader. And at the same instant, KT Jr., who had spent the first handful of laps in the 6th to 7th area was starting to move forward, altough the top 3 had put some distance between them and the rest of the pack. On the first yellow, Thomas was in 5th, right behind Brandon Morin. Shortly after that, there was another caution which would find him in 4th place. When the green came back out, KT went charging into turn 1 and came out of 2 with a tremendous amount of momentum and passed Bland, Ballou and leader Courtney all in one move in the middle of the backstretch. For a lap or so, he seemed to be opening a little bit of a lead, but here comes Sunshine and next thing you know, he was all over Thomas, applied some pressure and took his lead back. Then Thomas fired back and threw a counter attack at Tyler. But, the aggressive move coming into turn 4 cost him and he drifted high in that turn and he had his spot taken away by the Madman. By then, the leaders were getting into heavy lapped traffic. What those three did from that point on, mounting attacks on one another, in and out of traffic, was the kind of thing that makes a really good race a great race. And 4 if you count Thomas Meseraull and his late race charge. We came down to the last few laps, with Courtney in the lead and Ballou tracking him down with each successive lap. When the white flag flew, Robert made his move as the came out of turn 2 and we looked to have a new leader, with the 7 car bearing down on the 12 as they entered turn 3. Tyler dove into an opening in the traffic and beat Robert back to the flagstand. What a race! And what a display of skills and courage put on Tyler, Robert and Kevin!! Their closed quarters combat, in and out of traffic, lap after lap is the kind of stuff that right after the checker is thrown, you have that moment when everything comes to a halt and you wonder to yourself if you've remembered to breathe for the last several minutes. This ended up being one of those classics that definitely honored the spirit and memory of the racer Josh Burton, very well. Thank you racers and thank you Bloomington Speedway!!

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 5/26/18 at 12:58 AM.

5/26/18, 1:08 AM   #9
btg1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildman92 View Post
Best feature I’ve seen at Bloomington. Ever.

But seriously, no chocolate ice cream? Y’all lost some money tonight.
Jen, I had to improvise when I was there for the USAC race. I bought a bag of M&Ms and dumped them into my vanilla. That was several weeks ago and still not repaired???? What the heck Bloomington!!!

3 members like this post: Gasitup, tirespinner, wildman92
5/26/18, 1:53 AM   #10
Rpracing1

Best Bton race in years.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington