IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Rex Staton
7/17/18, 3:42 PM   #11
Re: RIP Rex Staton
Jerry Spencer

Brent thank you for being the next of kin to Rex. Sarah and I always made sure he would eat at the track even when he said he didn't feel like eating. Rex never hesitated when Josh would call and say hey we need pictures or we are doing this do you want too? Rex was one of the guys Spencer Racing was proud to call a part of our family.

I met Rex in the 70 and then when he was doing art in High School at Haworth, Rex always had the pottery wheel set up and won several awards for his artwork in high school.

Always welcome shotgun on the road Rex will be missed but will always have a place in our hearts and a seat in the rig.

With all the racers that have moved on they needed someone that would take pictures so we can catch up when we get there.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words as I think Rex knew he was surrounded with friends.

Spencer Racing has lost a part of the crew for the 66j

Jerry #66j
Spencer Racing

7/17/18, 4:08 PM   #12
Re: RIP Rex Staton
MIKE HEIMEL

Nice Words About A Nice Guy From Another Nice Guy !! Thanks For Posting Jerry

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > RIP Rex Staton