IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Route 44
7/6/18, 7:49 PM   #1
cmiracingvids

I try and stay positive when it comes to visiting a track for the first time. But I can't in this situation. There's no excuse. They've ran BOSS here before. When I first sat down I knew the track needed water. Then as they brought push trucks out...I knew it needed more water. And then they hot lapped some modifieds. Now they're watering it, after the mods literally disappeared on the track. This is the last time I come to this track. It's too bad too...the facilities are pretty nice here. The track's pretty neat too. Gonna be a long night.

For anyone curious.
27 sprints

Corey Crabtree just took a hard flip down the backstretch. He's out and ok. They waived off the start, and I have no idea why. The start was fine.
Only one sprint heat in the books and it's 9:05.
Last edited by cmiracingvids; 7/6/18 at 9:05 PM.

7/6/18, 11:17 PM   #2
motorhead748

I nearly left after hotlaps. They watered (sprinkled?) it and it did help somewhat or maybe most of the dry powder got blown off. I left after the heats, I'd seen enough. At least I had a nice motorcycle ride.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/7/18, 1:05 AM   #3
badcoupe

They stopped the feature a few laps in and watered it. Fischesser was running away with and crashed in lapped traffic. Westfall won

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
7/7/18, 1:52 AM   #4
Re: Route 44
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I thought the racing was great. The track is great with all the improvements finally done.

But the water truck sat from 515 till 7 and a blind man could have reach down and grabbed dust.

Actually have a route there that I was home in a hour and fifteen minutes flat which is only 20 minutes longer than Burg

My DOG Fischesser got screwed royally when he led 19 laps and a lapper went in to three in the middle then decided to go outside just as he entered the corner. and took him out.

Westfall driving old school Eldora style and slapping the RR off the wall in several places wins
Garrett Abrams Second.
Chris Phillips who won last years Sprintacular third.
Whited who ran the low line and sniped a few spots in the second half
Scotty Weir from Deep also running a low line, So low he knocked the turn four infield tire in a foot every lap
Not positive on fourth and fifth.

Ketcham was up to fourth but road up the wall in 3/4 breaking something.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/7/18 at 2:26 AM.

3 members like this post: interpreter66, Newport13, TNRustler
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Route 44