IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Volunteer410 (Offline)
  #1 4/8/23 6:36 PM
Just read that he was injured at Lawrenceburg during qualifying , what exactly happened ? Hope he is okay
dirtfan24 (Offline)
  #2 4/8/23 6:51 PM
Being air lifted
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #3 4/8/23 6:54 PM
They cancelled remainder of races for tonite!
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #4 4/8/23 7:03 PM
He biked going into turn 3 during qualifying and flipped into the wall. Everyone say a prayer for him and his family and friends.
badcoupe (Offline)
  #5 4/8/23 7:03 PM
Right as soon as we walked in after paying they announced cancellation. Fire chief truck came in ahead of us lights and sirens going. There was police explorer directly in front of us no lights on though when the fire chief truck went by.
2 Likes: tirespinner, Volunteer410
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #6 4/8/23 7:05 PM

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, PIT CART, tirespinner, Will Shunk
reeserx (Offline)
  #7 4/8/23 7:13 PM
Prayers for Justin. Air lift was cancelled according to flight radar.
3 Likes: flagboy55, LUCKYONE, tirespinner
badcoupe (Offline)
  #8 4/8/23 7:17 PM
I checked once we walked back to car didn’t see a whirly bird in air so made me wonder
2 Likes: tirespinner, TQ29m
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #9 4/8/23 8:34 PM
Just got home, Didn't look like he biked, look like something broke, car nosed in and violently flipped.

Praying for our track champ, His family and good friends. Just saying by the way things went down, I'll pray for the best, but expect the worst.

Also thanks to the track workers, Fire and EMT's who showed up. If something could be done, they could do it. Conner was there when the car stopped.

Don't know why I checked the broadcast, But he did bike. (Prayers for everyone) Wish Flo would remove it.

Charles Nungester
9 Likes: Bostonian, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, LB, LUCKYONE, TQ29m, wallbanger II, Will Shunk
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #10 4/8/23 10:06 PM
Any update? This is making me sick to my stomach just thinking about it.

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
2 Likes: REH24, tirespinner