IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
MidwestD2Midget (Offline)
  #1 5/28/15 12:30 PM
Midwest Division II Midget series is proud to announce they are now known as Powri Midwest Midget Series sponsored by Lucas Oil.More information will be released soon on www.powri.com contact me at (812) 325-0059

The Midwest Division II Midget Series will race a combination of midget style cars, including the Lightning Sprint motorcycle-powered 600cc/750cc 1000cc/1200cc, Oldsmobile Quad 4 engines, Ford Focus, Chevy Ecotec, Honda HPD Midgets as well as the Kenyon Midget, all run on either Ethanol or Methanol and producing roughly 200 horsepower. ....no national midgets can race

https://www.facebook.com/MidwestD2Midgets
3 Likes: Avon Open Wheel fan, dirtnonwingfan, stealth43k
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #2 5/28/15 1:12 PM
Welcome aboard!!!!!!

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #3 5/28/15 3:35 PM
A little confused with all the Division II midget talk & have a couple quick questions.

Are all of the cars that race at the Montpelier midget races legal with the POWRi Midwest Midget Series?

This group will combine MMSA legal mini sprints, Ford Focus, Ecotech and midgets like the #39 that Spencer Bayston won in at Montpelier last Satutday night?
  #4 5/28/15 3:53 PM
The Midwest Division II Midget Series will race a combination of midget style cars, including the Lightning Sprint motorcycle-powered 600cc/750cc 1000cc/1200cc, Oldsmobile Quad 4 engines, Ford Focus, Chevy Ecotec, Honda HPD,TQ Midgets as well as the Kenyon Midget, all run on either Ethanol or Methanol and producing roughly 200 horsepower. ....no national midgets can race

rules for the series is on http://www.midwestd2midgets.com/
DAD (Offline)
  #5 5/28/15 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe:
A little confused with all the Division II midget talk & have a couple quick questions.

Are all of the cars that race at the Montpelier midget races legal with the POWRi Midwest Midget Series?

This group will combine MMSA legal mini sprints, Ford Focus, Ecotech and midgets like the #39 that Spencer Bayston won in at Montpelier last Satutday night?
Sandy

I do think the way the rules are written TQ's would be welcome. I see adjustments in the future>>there are a lot of older Nationals Midgets that should be allowed to race also the organizers just need to get their feet wet first. I would like to see a bunch of older VW's and stock block Chevy II get pulled out of peoples barns.

Honest Dad himself
TQ29m (Offline)
  #6 5/28/15 4:47 PM
Originally Posted by MidwestD2Midget:
The Midwest Division II Midget Series will race a combination of midget style cars, including the Lightning Sprint motorcycle-powered 600cc/750cc 1000cc/1200cc, Oldsmobile Quad 4 engines, Ford Focus, Chevy Ecotec, Honda HPD, as well as the Kenyon Midget, all run on either Ethanol or Methanol and producing roughly 200 horsepower. ....no national midgets can race

rules for the series is on http://www.midwestd2midgets.com/
How can you be both, Powri, and Div ll? Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!
  #7 5/28/15 4:49 PM
powri has a division ll series now.
Sandy Lowe (Offline)
  #8 5/28/15 4:51 PM
DAD,

I wasn't even thinking if TQ's would be legal or not. I know Montpelier's midget class is starting to bring in a good car count and was wondering if all of the cars that race there would be able to race with this series. I guess that is not the case.

So POWRi now has 3 divisions, national type midgets, sidewinder/micro sprints & the new combo class of mini sprints & all midgets other than national.

Thanks for the response.
Wayne Davis (Offline)
  #9 5/28/15 5:00 PM
Originally Posted by TQ29m:
How can you be both, Powri, and Div ll? Bob
Division II is part of POWRi as a separate class of cars just as there are with USAC. Then there are regions as North East Outlaw Midgets, Southern States Midgets and now Midwest Midgets.

POWRi Division:
  • National Midgets
  • Division II Midgets
  • 600 Mini Sprints

I could make a list of USAC but instead I will do NASCAR

Nascar:
  • Cup cars
  • Xfinity
  • Trucks

Hope that explains it Bob

Southern Outlaw Motorsports
Jacksonville, Florida
The Original Southern Outlaw

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

TQ29m (Offline)
  #10 5/28/15 5:10 PM
Works for me, thanks! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!