IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLEASE READ - EPA poses regulations that threaten RACING.
2/9/16, 3:03 PM   #1
PLEASE READ - EPA poses regulations that threaten RACING.
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

PLEASE READ THE ARTICLE IN THE LINK BELOW.

EPA poses regulations that threaten racing.
Call you Senators, Congressmen or Representatives to oppose this.

Link - http://www.onedirt.com/news/epa-pose...reaten-racing/

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
2/9/16, 3:13 PM   #2
Re: PLEASE READ - EPA poses regulations that threaten RACING
PJ Wright

I'm not surprised that our sport is threatened by the enviro-nazis of the current administration's EPA.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

2/9/16, 3:29 PM   #3
chrismattlin

“This proposed regulation represents overreaching by the agency, runs contrary to the law and defies decades of racing activity where EPA has acknowledged and allowed conversion of vehicles,” said SEMA President and CEO Chris Kersting.

Oh boy. The EPA allows us to convert the vehicles which are our private property. Gee, thanks!

Let us always remember that it is the primary objective of all American governments to protect and preserve the People's freedoms. Like always with bureaucrats like the EPA, this runs contrary to that premise.

2/9/16, 3:40 PM   #4
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I posted three and six years ago that this admin was out to do away with any what it deemed non-necessities or enviro threats including links to anti nascar and racing threat bans by congressmen etc. Nascar got in a pass the promise of paying carbon credits and adopting ethanol,

Even seen a article within the last couple weeks of making Indycar go electric cars.

The EPA and numerous federal agencies have run amuck in writing their own laws, regulations and policies and its done on purpose. Demonize the others billionaires to reward their billionaires and in some cases one in the same.

Land of the free eh?

2/9/16, 4:04 PM   #5
dshort36

lets make all cities with racetracks "sanctuary" cities.. that way we can ignore the laws..

2/9/16, 4:39 PM   #6
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

We'll all go to the races with our guns so we can go real OUTLAW racing and dare em to stop us.

2/9/16, 6:26 PM   #7
Mattmac05

The way I read it makes me believe sprint cars and modifieds would be exempt because they are purpose built to race and are not modified street cars, so couldn't you easily just exploit that loophole and 'purpose' build any race car. Maybe I have misread this though. Secondly, if this were to pass, I would demand that the govt, pay full value to either purchase my race car or pay to convert the car back to stock

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
2/9/16, 6:29 PM   #8
xoxide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
We'll all go to the races with our guns so we can go real OUTLAW racing and dare em to stop us.
Lol, I guess ive been real outlaw racing for awhile now, ive never not had my gun on me at the track.

3 members like this post: har59, jim goerge, racegal
2/9/16, 6:42 PM   #9
itsanonwingthing

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 51

I've always thought that if Al Gore and Obama ever showed up at a dirt track race, and seen a car blow a motor, dropping oil in the dirt, spewing smoke into the air, that they would have the EPA add regulations that all dirt tracks install million dollar Air Purifiers, and if there was motor oil that was in the soil, that the track be dug up and left exposed to open air for 5 years just like they do at an old service station underground tank.

Might be a moot point, cuz if Bernie or Hillary get there way, no one will have any money to go racing anyhow!!!
Last edited by itsanonwingthing; 2/9/16 at 7:53 PM.

2/9/16, 7:02 PM   #10
Puppy

Its too bad that it takes something like this that "Hits Home" to get people outraged. We need to be more dilligent as a people if we want to keep our freedoms! YES, there are those that would try to take it!!!!

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, har59, jdull99, xoxide
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLEASE READ - EPA poses regulations that threaten RACING.