Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Purse Payouts
11/4/15, 2:01 AM   #11
Re: Purse Payouts
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggerman View Post
You know one of my pet peaves is paying the same amount from 15th to 24th. Make every position mean something even if it is $10 more per spot!

To answer your question I would prefer spread through field and also reward the guys in the B that don't make the big show
I agree somewhat stagger but in my case I would rather give $200 for those 10 spots and it not be $100 differents from 15 to 24....I also pay each and every racer that does not make the show if they make an attempt at a green not just the B main racers... and I fill the last 2 spots of my show with what I call a promotors draw...any racer that did not make the show have their #'s are put in a hat and the pole guy pulls out 2 and they start 25-26

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

4 members like this post: DAD, fish, i love dirt track racing, nathans1012
11/4/15, 11:52 AM   #12
Sling'n DIRT

I'm a low buck racer and do not have the means or experience at this point to run up front,but with a purse like this a guy can afford to make a trip knowing that he has something coming to him. It makes me feel appreciated that I made the effort to come race. Thanks for putting this on. Hope I can make it

5 members like this post: DAD, davidm, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, Midget 89
11/4/15, 11:09 PM   #13
addictedtodirt

What was the nightly average car count for last years GDN?

11/5/15, 12:32 AM   #14
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
What was the nightly average car count for last years GDN?
26-23-24....already have 33 commitments...paying twice the purse this year

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, DAD, davidm
11/9/15, 12:07 PM   #15
DAD

Wayne

I think what got the most votes was>>>>>"More$$" plain and simple.

Honest Dad himself

11/9/15, 12:58 PM   #16
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Wayne

I think what got the most votes was>>>>>"More$$" plain and simple.

Honest Dad himself
I think I have covered both of what racers want... $$$$ spread throughout the field and $$$$ to start along with Non-Tranfer $$$ for EVERYONE.... This is a big start...just need racers to support it so this can grow....still need sponsors for Features....lap $$$$ and Title sponsor for Race of Champions, 5 laps $500.

1 member likes this post: DAD
11/10/15, 3:37 PM   #17
D.O.

There is only one winner. Pay them $1400 to $2000 but pay the rear finishers $200 to $300 plus fatten up the b-main as well. The guys in the rear's money is just as green at the sign in booth. Most of them don't have the front runners budget and that increase would bring more racers to the track. A rear purse increase should be done with all divisons. I agree with the idea of $10 difference between the spot.

Don't forget to go to Jackslash.com to listen to the Racin' with D.O. show. It's free to listen on your way down the road or the drive home from work. Plus old shows are available in the video section. K.O. and I are doing the shows every two weeks thru the winter and Holidays. Last show featured Danny Drinan as a guest.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
11/10/15, 4:35 PM   #18
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
There is only one winner. Pay them $1400 to $2000 but pay the rear finishers $200 to $300 plus fatten up the b-main as well. The guys in the rear's money is just as green at the sign in booth. Most of them don't have the front runners budget and that increase would bring more racers to the track. A rear purse increase should be done with all divisons. I agree with the idea of $10 difference between the spot.
D.0. thanks for the input this is what I have decided to do...I think it is a good purse for Division II midgets and have already got over 30 commitments to come south in Feb. It pays good up top....better than Nationals midget purse in the middle and good money to start. Also it pays ALL that did not transfer to the "A" instead of a hot dog and a smack on the ass with a thanks for coming.

I know the Gator"DIRT"Nationals are only in the second year put this is WAY above what you could make at the Tulsa Shootout and you get 3 full night of racing with 3 full purses instead of being there for a week and running your heats then sitting for 2 days till you run the feature on Sat. night. We the GDN does not have the clout that Tulsa does with the Golden Driller but we are racing at the "Golden Isles" of Georgia and having The Jack Hewitt Classic 40

If I get any kind of sponsorship money it will go to the back...Thur. and Fri night non-tranfer $$ will be $100 instead of $75 then Thur. and Friday from 10th on back would be
10. 190
12. 180
13. 175
14. 170
15. 165
16. 160
17. 155
18. 150 on down to 24
Promoters Draw
25. 125
26. 125

If ANYONE would like to get on board Please let me know ... YOUR $$$ will go straight to the racers for making this trip. Thank you guys and gals for all the input....
Wayne Davis

11/11/15, 10:51 PM   #19
SteveB31

in your Series, what percentage of cars are Lightning SPrints, adn what percentage are Midgets? How competative are the Lightning Sprints with the Midgets? Of your winners this last year, how many were Lightnings and how many were Midgets? Curious to maybe make a long trip to Georgia in February to race there, but don't want to find out my Lightning is not competative under your rules

11/12/15, 1:32 PM   #20
Wayne Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
in your Series, what percentage of cars are Lightning SPrints, adn what percentage are Midgets? How competitive are the Lightning Sprints with the Midgets? Of your winners this last year, how many were Lightnings and how many were Midgets? Curious to maybe make a long trip to Georgia in February to race there, but don't want to find out my Lightning is not competitive under your rules
Steve, I replied to your email last night,,,,will call you later today...thank's for the inquiry. Couple of Cali guys are looking to make the trip also. Yes with the GDN rules and weight difference Lightning sprints are competitive. Go to ssmidgets.com/gd-nationals for EXACT rules

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Purse Payouts