IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
donwilshe (Offline)
  #1 2/1/12 7:53 PM
Well it looks like Anderson has decided to dump the American Racer Tires for the Little 500. Anyone that was planning to race the ART might as well leave them behind. Last I heard the RR would be a $58.00 premium over the normal hooiser RR pricing. I expect the other tires to increase as well.

2012 LITTLE 500 RULEBOOK TIRES: TIRES: Tires limited to 20-inch cross-section maximum (measured with hoop). All cars must start the 2012 Little 500 on the same tires that were used to qualify their car. Cars in violation of this rule shall be moved to the rear of the field and penalized (1) one lap. All cars must utilize “Hoosier” tires. All tires for the event must be purchased at Anderson Speedway during the event or at the Glen Niebel Classic on April 29, 2012. The event begins with practice on Tuesday, May 22th and ends at the conclusion of the Pay Less Little 500.
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #2 2/1/12 7:59 PM
Sad deal for the racers again!

Posted via Mobile Device
thebus79h (Offline)
  #3 2/1/12 8:14 PM
If im not mistaken, last years race was on Hoosiers only as well. I could be wrong though.

Posted via Mobile Device
mccune88 (Offline)
  #4 2/2/12 10:27 AM
Well just sat down to fill my entry form for the 500 and now it makes me have second thoughts with the cost this year last year was bad enough. Looks like it might me a wed night only for mccune racing this year with that kinda over head!!! 185.00 ART sounds a bit better to me and its sad because its my fav. track and fav. race

Jimmy McCune
oljonesy (Offline)
  #5 2/2/12 11:49 AM
they are gonna have this race whether you guys show up or not and i've seen a hell of a lot of em without ya than with you!!
3 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, RacinFool, speed bump
sprntr (Offline)
  #6 2/2/12 6:54 PM
Way to show your appreciation for the drivers who put on the show!
5 Likes: erich45, interpreter66, Jerry Spencer, mccune88, Tom23
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #7 2/2/12 8:02 PM
Are we looking at a short field?
schwarzracen27 (Offline)
  #8 2/2/12 9:17 PM
Guess I don't understand, maybe someone can explain to me. Isn't must see racing the "sanctioning body" of little 500? I am assuming they are running American racer tires again this year? Would make more sense to let racer make a choice between hoosiers or american racers. Guess I miss the old days when the little 5 was a kind of a "run what ya brung". Miss seeing the old roadsters that used to show up.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: PJ Wright, speed bump
thebus79h (Offline)
  #9 2/2/12 11:06 PM
More than likely hoosier bought the exclusive rihts to it and are paying some of the purse.

How many teams last year were on American Racers?

Posted via Mobile Device
donwilshe (Offline)
  #10 2/3/12 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by schwarzracen27:
Guess I don't understand, maybe someone can explain to me. Isn't must see racing the "sanctioning body" of little 500? I am assuming they are running American racer tires again this year? Would make more sense to let racer make a choice between hoosiers or american racers. Guess I miss the old days when the little 5 was a kind of a "run what ya brung". Miss seeing the old roadsters that used to show up.

Posted via Mobile Device
Was here is the schedule! Something missing? Two things missing?

http://www.mustseeracing.com/series-...a-details.html