IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets... didn't realize this
12/6/19, 2:04 PM   #1
Midgets... didn't realize this
revjimk

I just noticed this: Clauson/Marshall team won 3 out of the 5 top spots in USAC midget final points... wow, Kunz only had one (Logan Seavey)
I wonder if this will carry over to the Chili Bowl????

4 members like this post: bsmith8, jonboat15, luckybuc97, tirespinner
12/6/19, 2:56 PM   #2
Re: Midgets... didn't realize this
jonboat15

I think Kunz has done a wonderful job with his driver development teams but is nice to see he finally has some competition from some other multi car teams. CMR, the Boat team and the Petry team have really raised the level of competition. It doesn't seem like there is any junk in the midget division.

12/6/19, 3:34 PM   #3
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I wholeheartedly dislike team and big corporate $$$ funded racing at this level. The money and team sponsorships are misplaced and would be better utilized in sponsoring events for ALL to get a piece of the pie.
Ok let the bashing of my opinion begin!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

12/6/19, 5:13 PM   #4
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
I think Kunz has done a wonderful job with his driver development teams but is nice to see he finally has some competition from some other multi car teams. CMR, the Boat team and the Petry team have really raised the level of competition. It doesn't seem like there is any junk in the midget division.
Are we sure we want to call something that isn't ultra high level professionally prepared junk???

5 members like this post: Indy1808, jim goerge, mc/rider, rmr6nm, tirespinner
12/6/19, 7:44 PM   #5
sp6967

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
I wholeheartedly dislike team and big corporate $$$ funded racing at this level. The money and team sponsorships are misplaced and would be better utilized in sponsoring events for ALL to get a piece of the pie.
good idea if dont want any cars. if it wasnt for the big teams there wouldnt be a whole lot of usac midgets.

12/6/19, 10:24 PM   #6
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by indy1808 View Post
i wholeheartedly dislike team and big corporate $$$ funded racing at this level. The money and team sponsorships are misplaced and would be better utilized in sponsoring events for all to get a piece of the pie.
78558816_750038355514031_6250397379665592320_n.jpg

12/6/19, 11:50 PM   #7
hairracer44

If the big money multiple car teams didn't exist the car count would be fine. The guys that use to run midgets got priced out when Chevy, Ford, Toyota came in with there money and what are now $50,000 engines to compete.

Midget racing at one time was the working man's open wheel class. A guy that had a decent job could afford to put a Chevy II or VW midget together and run. Not anymore it take more and more to run a midget, I love racing a midget more than a Sprint car but can't afford a midget that would even be worth taking to a race. While I don't run up front in my Sprint car it is affordable enough to go have fun and not put me in the poor house with it being funded out of my pocket with not a single sponsor.

I truly believe the big money corporate sponsors have driven the sport to need multi car teams just like NASCAR and INDY CAR. Just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I love the midgets and am not trying to bad mouth it as it is what it is and it won't ever go back to being a low budget deal. It's that old thing of people saying in the good old days it was better, no it was just different and you are nostalgic and love the memories of the good old days. Things change some for better and some for the worst depending on how you look at it Midget racing could be better now or it could be worse.
Last edited by hairracer44; 12/7/19 at 12:00 AM.

12/7/19, 1:00 AM   #8
Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairracer44 View Post
If the big money multiple car teams didn't exist the car count would be fine. The guys that use to run midgets got priced out when Chevy, Ford, Toyota came in with there money and what are now $50,000 engines to compete. .
Not a Stanton priced @ $39,950. Still a lot but not the 50k number that gets thrown around ALL THE TIME!

http://www.stantonracingengines.com/...otos.aspx?ID=8

2 members like this post: jim goerge, tirespinner
12/7/19, 2:27 AM   #9
flagboy55

Lot’s of valid points here, and from different perspectives as well. I’m going to look at it from my perspective, as a fan. And my take is USAC midgets are as good as they’ve ever been right now. Some say the big team’s have ruined it, but I’ll tell you what, I’m happy to flop down my 20 or 25 bucks to see a USAC National Midget race, and rarely do I feel short changed. Occasionally I would like to see more cars but I almost always leave with a smile. To the original poster, it’s great to see KKM get competition, and I think there’s more coming.

12/7/19, 2:28 AM   #10
jdull99

[QUOTE=Sprint63122;523486]Attachment 24691[/QUOTE

Change the shirt, & copy the same meme for the big race in Tulsa next month...lol
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)

5 members like this post: Indy1808, PIT CART, RockinRy, ROSCO, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets... didn't realize this