IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing Sprints September 1st at Chandler Motor Speedway
8/30/17, 9:12 AM   #11
Re: Non-Wing Sprints September 1st at Chandler Motor Speedwa
Team96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
For a small team looking to go racing payout isn't always high on the list of priorities, hell you aint making no money probley anyhow. What is important is a good promotor who gets you on a good racy track that doesn't tear up cars and engines. Man I wish we had something like that around here, we'd give the speedwaybikes a break and run a sprintcar.
We have 3 tracks in less than an hours drive and more than 10 within a 2.5 hour drive.....we aren't hard up looking for a tracks in Indiana or Ohio LOL!!

We aren't always making money, but we don't ever go to tracks where we are sure to lose money. I've been in business much longer than I have been in racing....and as a team we do our best to make our decisions based on what will be the best return on our investment.

A good promoter will get sponsorship for the classes that he intends to run and make sure he draws a lot of cars to get the stands full of fans creating concessions sold and lots of pit passes sold to team crew members. It's the track owner and promoter who have the most to gain or lose and that's why it's them that should be taking the most risk. Pushing off the risk to the entertainment that is drawing the crowd is the best way to keep your track for local racers only or worse.

Just my opinion and I hope I'm wrong as I'd love to see more and more dirt tracks available to race at.

8/30/17, 5:40 PM   #12
Re: Non-Wing Sprints September 1st at Chandler Motor Speedwa
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

I went to the last one also, on track action was great!

9/1/17, 2:26 PM   #13
addictedtodirt

Running or rained out??

See on FB it is rained out. Bummer
Last edited by addictedtodirt; 9/1/17 at 2:28 PM.

9/1/17, 3:03 PM   #14
thunder31

Chandler Motor Speedway in RAINED OUT for tonight September 1st. Too much Huricane Harvey rain made it our way. We have rescheduled the Non-Wing Sprint Cars for next Friday September 8th.

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, Pat O'Connor Fan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Non-Wing Sprints September 1st at Chandler Motor Speedway