IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What do you all thing about this?
3/4/20, 6:05 PM   #1
What do you all thing about this?
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

What do you all think about this idea and could it work in other parts of the country?

Link Below.
https://www.onedirt.com/news/op-ed-o...int-car-series

3/4/20, 6:21 PM   #2
Non wing lover

That's what 360 racing was supposed to do save money.you see how that worked not very well really.same with 305s

1 member likes this post: ROSCO
3/4/20, 8:02 PM   #3
Re: What do you all thing about this?
Bad Dad 54

I was involved in the 1st meeting for starting 360 here in MI w/ the Lacombe Bros, I went through every Open Wheel magazine & Circle Track I had looking for ideas for rules & gave to them, they adopted everyone. Even the $1500 claim for the heads which kept a lot of hi dollar stuff out, but along comes ASCS we had to adopt or lose car count I was at a race & Paul Hazens car won on a used American Racer tire, Paul said he'd use it again it still looked good I've seen all kinds of "Rules" to save money over the yrs they don't work. Saw a crate Late Model race once, it was boring, only passing was done if car in front screwed up, wouldn't go again. Jim Hanks of Must see Racing did tire testing, the American Racer was a better tire than Hoosier so why are racing organizations mostly going w/ Hoosier??

1 member likes this post: superstock30
3/4/20, 8:19 PM   #4
Brett Roa

The last thing sprint car racing needs is another class.

3/4/20, 8:26 PM   #5
badcoupe

I saw that article, that’s mostly what D2 midget racing is doing. We have 305’s 360 410 already I think the midget deal fills whatever gap in budget side there is

1 member likes this post: oppweld
3/4/20, 9:26 PM   #6
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 3
Race Count Last Year: 25

Most places it doesn't work. That said, Wisconsin Wingless came out of box averaging 30 plus cars per race for the last few years without being dominated by one or two drivers !!

2 members like this post: erich45, nathans1012
3/4/20, 9:38 PM   #7
chop

Ok so we have racesaver, crate class engines. Would they are be equal in speed, be able race together?

1 member likes this post: Ken Bonnema
3/4/20, 9:39 PM   #8
Re: What do you all thing about this?
Spi-nex

Lets see how much power that 'lil crate has when you hook the cushion at Kokomo and rip the fence down because you don't have the power to turn out of it.

3/4/20, 10:13 PM   #9
Tony74

Sprint cars are supposed to be the baddest SOB's and not for everyone. Plenty of different divisions now to race weekly. 410's should be the ONLY engine in sprints....

3/4/20, 11:20 PM   #10
chop

Lol I must be old. I saw AJ Floyt race a usac Sprint that had a 305 engine.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What do you all thing about this?