IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who ya got for 3 USAC champion
2/10/20, 12:46 PM   #11
Re: Who ya got for 3 USAC champion
spankytoo

Race Count This Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non wing lover View Post
Jesus not another one.does usac need to raise their start monies? Increase the overall purse structure? Somebody better step up to the plate and do something or there won't be anymore traditional Sprintcar racing.
Brad Sweet # 1 wing sprint car driver last year made $564,410.
Tyler Courtney # 1 non wing sprint car driver last year made $107,250
Freddie Rahmer # 24 wing sprint car driver last year made $107,111

Just my guess..

http://sprintcarratings.com/

2 members like this post: i love dirt track racing, PIT CART
2/10/20, 1:35 PM   #12
racefan20

Since the wing drivers run approximately twice as many races as the non-wing guys this is a misleading stat in a way. Yes they have more opportunities to race but on a per race average the top guys in wings make about twice as much as the non-wing guys. Not 4 or 5 times as much like the stats you are showing. Yes USAC needs to raise their purses but its not as bad as your stats show. You can make stats say whatever you want

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: PJ Wright, TNRustler
2/10/20, 4:15 PM   #13
bsmith8

Not disagreeing or debating just passing on some info I gathered for myself since this comes up often. Here is the difference in two comparable racing organizations from 2019. All Stars VS. USAC Non-Wing. USAC had 37 points races from Florida to California. All Stars had 40 points paying race's mainly in Ohio and PA (Florida does not count for points). Aaron Reutzel won 16 All Star Races totalling somewhere around 180,000.00, this does not count his other purse money and tow money, only his wins with All Stars. THIS IS NOT 100 % ACCURATE, I was just getting numbers from their website on 1st place prize money and feature victories. Also He earned $ 57,000.00 for being the points champion. I believe the All Stars also give 2 or 4 complimentary pit passes to the car owner that competes in 80 percent or more of the race's and I do not believe they have an entry fee for a regular race. If I was good enough and had the money I would definitely go wing racing with the All Stars.

3 members like this post: Big Mike 7, Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART
2/10/20, 8:42 PM   #14
opnwhlmnd

As long as USAC guys keep showing up at local 1000-1500 to win shows they will never get the USAC purse raised.

2 members like this post: bsmith8, PIT CART
2/10/20, 10:48 PM   #15
IndianaSprintFan

Maybe if USAC would raise their purse, their guys wouldn’t have to race 1k to win shows in the off weekends to stay above water. Everyone making excuses for USAC and the payout is the problem. They are 20 years behind if not more and it’s pathetic.

3 members like this post: Big Mike 7, bsmith8, K92
2/11/20, 1:04 PM   #16
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSprintFan View Post
Maybe if USAC would raise their purse, their guys wouldn’t have to race 1k to win shows in the off weekends to stay above water. Everyone making excuses for USAC and the payout is the problem. They are 20 years behind if not more and it’s pathetic.
Purse been same for a LONG time. Sad.

3 members like this post: Hustlin-Hoosier, PIT CART, sprinter31
2/11/20, 2:20 PM   #17
Dougherty20

Midgets:Windom
Sprints:Leary
Crown: Swanson

1 member likes this post: opnwhlmnd
2/11/20, 4:46 PM   #18
Non wing lover

And that therein is the problem with usC purse monies wake up usac o r die

1 member likes this post: bsmith8
2/12/20, 12:09 AM   #19
trackprep

Race Count This Year: 53

How loud will some of you cry when the purse goes up right along with your ticket price. You just can’t say “ all they have to do is raise the purse/ payback” where do you think the money comes from? Many on here get all hissy if you can’t bring in your own food or drink or go back to your car. Not trying to be an ass but think about it like you run your household expenses.

2/12/20, 3:05 AM   #20
Non wing lover

Then what does usac have to do to keep their teams from going wing racing? It's hemorrhaging fast and if something's not done to stop the bleeding you won't see traditional non wing racing I don't give a dam if it's usac mscs boss or war.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Who ya got for 3 USAC champion