IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I learned at Lawrenceburg
7/24/23, 11:34 AM   #1
Things I learned at Lawrenceburg
kb78

L-burg is a motor track, even more so after the rain.
Because of that and the speed they will never get the same car counts as other tracks, but I don't know that it takes away from the product.

I like two car qualifying on tracks that are conducive to it, L-burg is one of them.

The track did everything that they could to get the show in before the rain, as a fan I see that and appreciate it.

C. J. Leary was bad fast everytime he hit the track all night, IMO no one had anything for him.

Alex Bright's crash was very scary live, like, holding my breath scary.

Every season when a champion is crowned you can look back at a race that they had bad luck but they still recovered to get good points. Last year Grant had a flat at Port Royal and cam back to third, Bacon's run last night has a similar feeling. He got some help from attrition but he was one of the few guys that could pass.

I grumble about seating alot- I love L-burg's bleachers.

7/24/23, 1:44 PM   #2
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

One thing we've all known for years - Lawrenceburg probably has the best or as good as any short track safety team out there. They are professional and well trained. They were rolling toward Alex Bright's car before it had even stopped. Same with the other flips. Kudos and praise for their team. Every track should learn from their expertise.

7/24/23, 4:29 PM   #3
Harvestman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grocery Guy View Post
One thing we've all known for years - Lawrenceburg probably has the best or as good as any short track safety team out there. They are professional and well trained. They were rolling toward Alex Bright's car before it had even stopped. Same with the other flips. Kudos and praise for their team. Every track should learn from their expertise.
Agreed. The 'Burg safety team "guest starred" at Florence a few weeks ago and they had nothing but praise for them. Very well coordinated team.

7/24/23, 4:37 PM   #4
Re: Things I learned at Lawrenceburg
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

How about that National Anthem singing! Woohoo!
Joked to those around me that's she'd be on Idol next spring. But wasn't joking.
That was great!

5 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Grocery Guy, Love dirt, mc/rider, motorhead748
7/24/23, 4:47 PM   #5
ThrowbackRacingTeam

I learned Lawrenceburg is a bad ass track and USAC sprint car regulars are out for blood.

1 member likes this post: Wingman
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Things I learned at Lawrenceburg