IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank
1/2/13, 3:57 PM   #121
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
That's what a zillion years in the trenches as a teacher will do for you. LOL That was my job, to get students thinking critically about the subject matter.
Well I was an Industrial Arts teacher and they did away with the entire subject. So I became a Muffologist and taught kids how to put on mufflers. Pay was sure a lot better.

I took kids nobody else wanted and taught them how to get by with what God gave them, "their hands". But those in the know said who needs Kids that can build things anyhow.

It was neat showing these Kids that Math and sometimes even English was very important for them to learn, and how these subjects related to them and what they waned to do with their life.

I kinda of miss it.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/2/13 at 4:47 PM.

1/2/13, 4:56 PM   #122
Hubie

I just want to be a part of this very important thread!

1/2/13, 6:51 PM   #123
Sprintcarfanatic

I had a whole different idea on what a muffoligist was !!!!!!

7 members like this post: 48modracer, erich45, JordanBlanton, koolaid89, LRP36, luckybuc97, TQ97
1/2/13, 8:01 PM   #124
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
I had a whole different idea on what a muffoligist was !!!!!!
I was afraid to even go there.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
1/2/13, 11:32 PM   #125
LEADERS EDGE

You can believe it or not, but putting the fuel over the rear and within the springbase is the smarter way of doing it. Breaking a motor and running out of brakes where no indication of the performance. Not being the fastest in qualifying can be pointed out as an indication,but I personally don't put that much stock in it. You don't have to buy a square tank, just use foam to accomplish the same thing.

1 member likes this post: Geoff Kaiser
1/2/13, 11:37 PM   #126
Pat O'Connor Fan

Jim Hurtubise allegedly used the motto "no muff too tuff" at an exhaust system business he had. I was too young and innocent to understand when I saw that in a book ...............
Last edited by Pat O'Connor Fan; 1/2/13 at 11:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
1/2/13, 11:53 PM   #127

Don,
First of all, let me say congratulations on the good run you and Geoff had last weekend. Top fives both nights is a tough accomplishment indoors. I’m sure you beat a lot of cars and drivers that spent a lot more money then you did. I have said before that Geoff is one of the most under rated drivers running pavement today.

I wouldn’t get real upset by the square tank. If Stewart really wants to run a square tank, all he has to do is put a shell over the square tank and it is instantly legal (even by the USAC rule book)

But I would be more concerned by the rumor I heard. I heard Tony was so upset by his losses this weekend; he has commissioned Mike Fedorcak to build a new car. Since money is obviously no object to Tony, and with all this commotion, I’m guessing these races must pay at least $100,000 to win, I heard the “new” Munchkin with be made out of impossibilium. For those of you that don’t know, impossibilium is a space age element that weighs ¼ of titanium and has all the characteristics of chrome molly steel.

Now you may be asking how this can get past the inspectors at the scales, I heard that since Tony obviously has connections to the space program (otherwise, where would he get the impossibilium?), he has bought a special magnetic device that when actuated will make the scales read whatever he and that crafty Fedorcak wants it to. I heard that they got this technology from a certain secret Air Force base in Southern Nevada.

Also, they will be using a chemical called Beryllium Sulfate (otherwise known as BS) on their tires. Beryllium Sulfate has many uses, many known by current and retired racers. It is often seen after the races, especially around a campfire.

By using my cat like agility and secret stealth technology, I snuck into Fedorcak’s shop and “acquired” a sample of the impossibilium. We will have it at the Indy swap meet on January 26th. With a purchase of a $100 or more at our booth, we will show you the sample. We will also have plenty of Beryllium Sulfate, but you can find that all over on that day.

So to all you midget drivers and owners, you might as well stay home next December. Tony will have you all covered.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing

3 members like this post: PatrickMead#13, sprintracer82, Tim Bookmiller
1/3/13, 12:04 AM   #128
treecitytornado

That was a great story, Tom. Glad I got my boots on lol! I will be helping to man the Brown's Oil Service booth at the show. See you there.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/3/13, 12:06 AM   #129
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1121 View Post
I have said before that Geoff is one of the most under rated drivers running pavement today.

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing
Thanks for the comps. I have echoed the quote above for quite some time now. And a little known fact: Geoff is a very, very smart cookie when it comes to chassis building and setup.

Now a comment on the rest of your post: ............. LOL
Last edited by DonMoore10; 1/3/13 at 12:12 AM.

1/3/13, 12:59 AM   #130
mingo

I really think unobtainium would be a better choice but its really tough to come by.

Promoters are really cursed with a tough problem these days. Not discouraging innovation but still not obsoleting the bulk of the fields equipment. The best rules in the world can't keep a man from spending money but they have to reduce the advantage that unlimited resources provides.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midget Square Tail Tank